A Cautionary Tale -- Redux

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Jun 02, 2002 8:09 am

Over a year ago, I snapped this pic of Nina, who was at that time a bit more rotund than she is now. A warning went out to all cavy owners at CG concerning what could happen to their dear little pigs if they made the mistake of putting unslit cardboard rolls in their homes. I hope Nina won´t mind my displaying the pic one last time.

The warnings are just as vital today. My original post, at CG:
http://www.caviesgalore.com/forums/show ... eadid=7055

"At the risk of being kicked off this board for negligence, I felt it important to warn people about the dangers of "toys" for their piggies. I think most of us have read the advice to slit those cute little tp tubes they so like to play with so they don´t get their heads stuck (especially the little ones). Well, I´m here to tell you that no matter what size roll you put in (unless it is humongous) you can run into trouble! I wasn´t gone 10 minutes when I came back and found Nina imprisoned in a tube that had been kicking around harmlessly for a couple weeks! I tell ya, guinea pigs are as much trouble as little kids!

"Well, knowing that my advice might not be believed (and noticing she was breathing okay, but standing still, very still, with an angry look in her eye), I had the forethought to snap a pic. Please believe me when I say this did NOT interfere with my IMMEDIATE actions to rescue her from her predicament and cut her free (note, I did not carefully pose her on a silken pillow or make fun of her by attaching an electric cord or any such foolishness).

"So, when someone tells you to cut those cardboard tubes, you listen! (I didn´t and look what happened to poor Nina!) And yes, that is her head on the left -- turned away in shame.

"[After the initial shock and our speedy recovery (I hauled out the smelling salts), I realized we had here a picture of a fancy shoe buffing machine. Not sure exactly how to turn this into the gold mine it could be, but I now know our pets are totally under utilized and have many potential uses in the home.]"

KarasKavies
For the love of my girls!

Post   » Sun Jun 02, 2002 2:36 pm

I have to say that it has always been one of my all-time favorite piggy pictures! It was one of the first "forum pictures" I saw after getting my pigs. I printed it out for my boys and Nina was on our fridge for about 6 months! A shoe buffer indeed!!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Jun 02, 2002 2:42 pm

I loved that picture too. Kind of tragic/funny -- makes you glad you're human and not a guinea pig!

Sunny

Post   » Mon Jun 03, 2002 12:51 pm

I still can't figure out how she managed that. Too funny.

Evangeline

Post   » Mon Jun 03, 2002 6:42 pm

Oh, come on!
You really think the poor pig just happen to squeeze herself through that tube and Lynx just happen to have her camera ready?
I thought you knew Lynx better than that.
Last edited by Evangeline on Mon Jun 03, 2002 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Jun 03, 2002 8:42 pm

Oh, Evangeline, how naive. You don't really think anyone would give any weight at all to a tale like that.

Such a grand imagination! Such determination! But we love you just the same (not).

bats

Post   » Mon Jun 03, 2002 8:56 pm

E -- you know it's not nice to make fun of Lynx' corset fetish.

Paravati
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Tue Nov 12, 2002 4:45 am

Hey, would you mind reposting that picture here?

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Nov 12, 2002 7:35 am

I'll try to track them down later. They were attachments -- makes it darn hard to find them.

PauloF

Post   » Tue Nov 12, 2002 1:01 pm

What happened to E's nick? Cruel and Unusual, did she get promoted or what?

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Nov 12, 2002 2:53 pm

Several of us complained it was completely out of place.
I stuck a more suitable replacement there -- but I will probably just remove it.

She can come up with her own new one, so long as it is not along the lines of "Sweet and Innocent". Some posters do not understand irony and can get hit pretty hard.

Nurgle
...what, what, what?

Post   » Tue Nov 12, 2002 3:01 pm

Speaking of E, where is she hiding?