Warning on new Target grids for C&C cages

PiggyPal

Post   » Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:09 am

I bought these grids about 7 month ago, after I figured out how people were making C & C cages. I put my young boar in the cage, and he stuck his head out to his neck! Well, six months from then, he's only able to stick his little nose out. My other(and bigger!) guinea pig can't even stick his nose out. I might try my local Bed Bath & Beyond for the good cubes!

dmppiggie

Post   » Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:35 pm

Bed Bath and Beyond does have good cubes (that's where I got mine) and they're a few dollars cheaper than targets. If you see extra connectors there, though, I'd grab them--there's not enough in the package (which, you don't have to have--you can just use zip ties for the places they are missing, but its nice to have in hindsight)

PiggyPal

Post   » Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:46 pm

Yeah, I need some new zip ties and connectors. The ones that came with the cubes broke quickly, so duct tape came into view. I made sure they wouldn't eat it, because I layed it in the floor, and they walked up and tested it with the teeth, then walked away, not caring about it.

Jennicat

Post   » Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:49 pm

Our local Bed, Bath, and Beyond changed their cube brand recently. They're still the right size, but have two bonus cubes with little hooks on them that are meant to be shelves?

sus4rabbitsnpigs

Post   » Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:16 pm

Walmart is apparently switching to unsafe 5 square grids now too:
https://www.guinealynx.info/forums/viewt ... 58#1764558

And their online available safe whitmor grids appear to be on clearance. Maybe they are getting rid of those permanently? Grr. Don't they know we need them to make cages.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Whitmor-Black ... -4/5005199

rshevin

Post   » Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:05 pm

Now what? That leaves Kmart which are few and far between these days and BB&B which are always out of stock. So that means closet shelving ONLY? Sigh.

GPigsRSweet

Post   » Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:12 pm

Someone needs to start a new business. Anyone? A 9x9 grid making business? :/ I'm glad I'm not needing grids right now, they're impossible to find locally.

sus4rabbitsnpigs

Post   » Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:14 pm

What brand are the ones Kmart carries?

I see Whitmor grids available on other sites. Maybe someone should email them and see if they are intending to change styles. And why it is a bad idea.

jedifreac

Post   » Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:29 pm

I saw in the Target catalog that this week, grids are on sale for $14.99. The 9x9s, too. Can anyone confirm?

rshevin

Post   » Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:10 pm

Jedi, they use the old stock photo in the mailers/catalogs even though the in store stock is still the new style. It's been pointed out a few times in various places on the board I think.

goosey1019

Post   » Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:32 am

I just bought some of the good 9x9 kind at a Bed, Bath, and Beyond. They only have one color (black) and it's only 4 cubes for $19.99, but it was worth it to me cause my guinea pig is currently in a too small cage. Looks like they sell it in store and online.

CavyHouse
Supporter in '11

Post   » Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:42 am

YOu can try www.SevilleClassics.com too.