Show your cage III

Nemo

Post   » Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:18 am

I just put together my first C&C cage! I absolutely love it.
Nemo seems to like having the extra space too, he's just popcornin' around. He has gotten under the fleece around 3 times already, but I've pinned the sides up with binder clips so hopefully he won't get under anymore. I got all my ideas for the cage setup from here, so thanks everyone!

Kat

Post   » Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:25 am

Ooh, pictures please Nemo?

ETA: I just realised that I've built my first C&C recently (before that they were in improvised cages made out of wire shelving) and haven't posted pictures. How naughty of me!

lissie

Post   » Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:30 pm

STF, I love your piggy mansion. The whole room look so nice and neat.

GPigsRSweet

Post   » Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:36 pm

STF, how do you like having just coro in front? Does it seem dangerous?
I LOVE your cages, and I'd love to have a big set-up like that someday. (Or would I...? Makes me tired just looking at it!)

Quinc-Emma

Post   » Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:44 pm

I like your cage kristina. It's very simple and clean looking.

JennG
In Memory of Mama

Post   » Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:54 pm

Oh STF!! I love your cages. I really need to get the energy going to rework mine. Wanna come over and build some cages for me?

eschimpf
SweetPea

Post   » Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:14 am

STF: how often do you clean the cages? It must be never ending.

One day I plan to have 4 different cages. One huge one for my girls and 3 2x4 for guinea pigs that are foster or start a small adoption only housing 3 pairs at a time. My plan is to win the lottery, build my dream home. Off the kitchen will be the pig room. In this room I will have the cages mentioned above, as well as a fridge for veggies and meds, and a washer and dry just for piggy bedding. I have it all mapped out, now I just need those millions ;-)

lissie

Post   » Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:35 am

eschimpf, I wish to have that dream home some day too! I will have a free range room for the pigs.

slavetofuzzy
4 the Good of all Pigs

Post   » Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:43 am

Well, I clean poop once or twice a day (depending on my time) and some cages can go 10 days before a total clean but the ones with the old ladies with bladder problems, those have to be cleaned every 5 or 6 days. I put down extra fleece where they hang out and change that either daily or every other day.

The cage with the babies has baby proofing all around. I leave the front open when I'm in the room but close it up when I'm not. The sides are high enough that the pigs don't try to come out. I did have a male get "thrown" out one time. He was fighting with his cage mate. Now, if I have that potential situation I will put grids up on the front. For now though, I have peace in the valley and everyone is behaving themselves (that's the reason Mozart and Boo Boo are living alone).

eschimpf, my pig room/office is right off the kitchen! It is technically the dining room but we don't "dine"! We have a large kitchen with a table in it but most of the time we're in front of the TV. So anytime the fridge opens, the water runs, I walk from kitchen to office, they think they are getting a treat and hang out of their cages like Molly Goldberg!

Nemo

Post   » Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:05 pm

Here's the new cage:
Kitchen area:

I can't wait to go shopping and get some cute fleece!

eschimpf
SweetPea

Post   » Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:21 pm

STF: Haha thats crazy, I think the a piggie room next to a kitchen makes perfect sense as we all spend at least 2 hours a week total in there for them.

jadebeloved

Post   » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:17 am

I am building the base to my cage today! It won't be in-use for another 3 weeks, when I can put Dash together with the ladies.

My plans were all set... 3x5.... which is 15 sq. feet. Great for 4 pigs.
But then I measured my grids... mine are 14 inches, not 12 like I assumed... plus about .25-.5 inch between each grid.... Which means, I will really be getting appx. 20 sq. feet!

I will post pictures and plans later this evening.