Warning on new Target grids for C&C cages

armoftheland

Post   » Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:33 pm

If you're in Canada London Drugs sells the 9x9 in white. . :) Thats where I get mine from. They go on sale every month or so for 14.99 CDN

http://www.londondrugs.com/Cultures/en- ... oductTab=3

GuineaPiggin

Post   » Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:35 pm

As of yesterday, the Target off Cedar and Cty Rd 42in Apple Valley had 3 boxes of the 9x9 grids, in chrome finish, for $17.99.

Heathersmom65

Post   » Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:14 pm

I bought the new Target grids because that's all I could find without leaving town. I used the B grids for the floor, under the Coroplast. The A grids are lined with hardware cloth (to keep little fingers out of the cage at school...they're real good about honoring the "invisible line" but you never know), which seems to work well so far.

DaCourt

Post   » Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:27 pm

I wouldn't risk using the Target grids under any circumstances.

Big Lots had the safe grids in black for $20 a box. These are the bigger boxes that actually make 6 cubes instead of 4.

blue

Post   » Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:18 pm

As long as the cloth is on the inside I would imagine the size of the square on the cloth is much much smaller than the size of the hole in the grids.

It is on the inside lining the grids right?

rshevin

Post   » Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:40 pm

Big Lots' stock is regional.

I agree with blue. So long as the hardware cloth is tightly attached along the pig side of the grids it sounds like a nice compromise. Don't forget you can also use closet shelving if you need to change your cage.

Tracis
Let Sleeping Pigs Lie

Post   » Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:33 pm

For anyone in need of grids with the proper spacing:

There are 14 Black Grids are being auctioned this week!

Bytxlaura
Remembering Nemo

Post   » Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:01 am

There are chrome grids (the 9X9 kind) available at Target. I bought 4 boxes today and there were a good number of the good boxes available. It was $16.99/box.

They were displayed on the center isle and it mentioned "As advertised" so I assume they were on sale or something. I was just very happy and jumped on the occasion :)

CavyHouse
Supporter in '11

Post   » Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:30 am

I went to a new Target in our area. I noticed the grids have been re-named from Organize-It to "ReOrganize" or something. The newly named ones were all the unsafe ones.

Bytxlaura
Remembering Nemo

Post   » Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:35 am

The ones I bought are in the green boxes, the old kind of boxes. I think they are clearing the stock room. The unsafe ones are in orange boxes.

sarahspins

Post   » Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:59 am

I found some old ones (green box) at a local Goodwill - that may be an option for those willing to scour their local store. I know that here (TX) at least, Target and Goodwill seem to have some sort of partnership - I see many items from Target with damaged packaging, and there seems to be a lot of seasonal clearance stuff coming through as well.

GuineaKidsMomma

Post   » Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:03 am

We have 4 sweet piggies in our little family. I recently discovered this forum and have been learning so much! Our babies are grateful for all the wonderful advice you all have given. I read about C&C cages, but I have no idea where to get the supplies needed. I found this cage on Amazon, and it looks really similar to a C&C cage:

Would this work? If you look at the picture showing the expanded cage in an L shape, that's basically what I'm hoping to get/build. This particular cage has 8 sq feet of "playing room", and combined with the other cage there would be 16, plus the space for their kitchen. At the moment our piggies are in a cage where they have space to run around, but definitely not as much as I want them to have. I want to give them something much better as soon as I can!

If the cage I found wouldn't work, do you know how I could get the safe grids and plastic in or around Provo or Salt Lake? Thanks in advance! :)