Favourite Foods

Cinnabuns Legacy

Post   » Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:50 pm

Mine like almost every kind of vegetable, but I think their absolute favorite vegetables and fruits are the treat fruits/vegetables (apple, blueberry, baby carrot sized piece of carrot), cucumber, green leaf/red leaf and escarole. Those seem to be the biggest hits, they'll eat and they get others, but those are popular with all of them.

tashab

Post   » Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:52 pm

Princess has a definite sweet-tooth. If she could eat cantalope/muskmelon or watermelon every day, she would do it in a heartbeat (it's only an occasional treat).
Rosie doesn't have a definite favourite food that we've been able to spot, just a few things she doesn't like.
They get red & green leaf lettuce, cilantro, different coloured bell peppers and cherry/grape tomatoes every day (I would have a riot on my hands if we left out the tomato!).
Rosie will popcorn for anything I bring in from the garden, except mint - basil, dill, different lettuces, sugar snap peas - everything except the mint was scarfed down.

Topaz

Post   » Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:57 pm

My four are all so different. They'll pretty much eat anything but definitely have their favorites.

Diamond absolutely adores frisee lettuce, red leaf lettuce, and carrots.

Goldie loves the loose leaf lettuce from our garden best. She'll spend a lot of time delicately picking it all out of the dish.

Brownie would trample everyone to get at some cucumber!

And Oreo, she just loves it all! My chubby girl.

Escarole is a big favorite of all here, and another that they all agree on is that watermelon rind is just about the best thing ever.

Lunalove

Post   » Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:37 pm

Luna loooooves her some parsley.
She also goes crazy for cherry tomatoes, though I don't have them on hand often because I don't eat them and I only give them to her once and a while so the whole container goes bad before I can get rid of them.

She doesn't care for kale or any fruits, really. She snubs banana, but will sometimes eat a piece of strawberry.

She doesn't really like peppers either. She mostly gets lettuce (green leaf, red leaf and sometimes romaine) which she always eats all of.

Skittlegryph

Post   » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:48 pm

So far, I haven't found anything Fred and Leo don't like. They seem slightly less enthusiastic about green bell peppers than red, but that's about it.

goosey1019

Post   » Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:42 am

Neal LOVES carrots, apples, and red bell pepper (because they're all sweet presumably). He also really likes green leaf lettuce and the forages I find him (mostly dandylion and grass). He'll eat cucumber, cilantro, orange, or celery if he doesn't have any other veggies, but they're always the last thing he eats from his dish.

weggie

Post   » Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:13 pm

Woo hooo - I have just tried Rocky with a bit of Dill and he LOVED it!! I couldn't find any Kale so will have another look another time when I go to the shop but have got some spinich so will try him with that in the morning!

Edeline

Post   » Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:13 pm

My piggy Lyon loves lettuce, red leaf, green leaf, romaine, she likes kale too and she loves blueberries

She doesn't like lots of things too many to list. I think it may be because she's young but she seems to be a picky eater =)

Any other females with lots of dislikes?

lovelyFrida

Post   » Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:28 pm

My piggies adore watermelon rinds, peppers are close second, but watermelon will probably always be the favorite.

cochon

Post   » Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:34 pm

The only intense dislike I've seen was way back when Jeffery was a single pig, and I tried to feed him red pepper. He was afraid of it! Terrified. He took a sniff, ran all the way to the other side of the cage chattering his teeth. He stayed in that corner until I took the pepper out of the cage. Silly boy.

EmmitTroy

Post   » Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:28 am

Troy's favorite is Raddichio, Emmitt is the fatty and he used to love Baby Bok Choy, but not so much any more. Raddishes might be his new favorite, but just like carrots I have to give that to him sparingly as I believe it is high in sugar.

Their main staple of veggies is the pre-washed mix of spring greens from the grocery store, which is perfect because I like it, too! I give them a handful of that twice a day plus a combo of any 2 of the following, rotated each day:

carrot
broccoli
red pepper
cilantro
bean sprouts
raddish
celery leaf
bok choy (baby)
red cabbage.

So, here's a general question for all of you which I tried to start a post about a while back but it got side tracked and digressed into a bunny thread :) Do you give your pigs veggies like every 12 hours? I try to and was just wondering how much and how often is the norm/healthiest. Thanks!

serelixyue

Post   » Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:43 am

my pigs love toilet paper!! When I'm cleaning their cage, I sometims leave a roll inside and all thepigs crowd around and start nyom nyom nyoming, lol.