Mites---Before & After w/ treatment of Ivermectin

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Oct 12, 2003 11:39 pm

Man, they look so good now! Hey, I'll copy the pics to the forum tomorrow if I remember, if it's okay with you. I may move this to one of the reference forums so people can see what a severe case of mites looks like.

Thanks for putting this up.

Tell me, what kind of guys are they now? Are they friendly? Do they seem happy?

BLM

Post   » Sun Oct 12, 2003 11:46 pm

what kind of other med regime did they get, besides ivermectin?
I'm wondering how they even survived. seems like they would have been open doors to infection.
From a rescue standpoint, curious how much it costs to save those pigs.

Pigglies

Post   » Sun Oct 12, 2003 11:47 pm

Tell me, what kind of guys are they now? Are they friendly? Do they seem happy?
They are so friendly... and seem very happy. And they are so cute! But yes, very good personalities.

ChunkyPiggies

Post   » Sun Oct 12, 2003 11:48 pm

Yes its fine by us.

BTW.. we also want to thank all the people who donated money to those two. It really added up to be a good sum and really helped up get thru it all.

Yes those two are very sweet boars. They were handled so much that they don't mind being held anymore. They don't seem to be the brightest pigs, in my opinion but definitely really big sweeties. I just hope someone will adopt these guys. They're obviously not perfect looking.

EDIT: BLM... a lot of the cost of ill pigs comes from our pockets. Luckly, some really nice GLers donated some funds for those two.
We used Dex and Torb, which is a pain killer and a steriod, to held relieve the pain and itching. It helped them stop seizing.

I hope the next time some dumbass says they dont want to spend money for ivermectin or refuses to believe their pet store pigs have mites.. this thread will scare them into doing the right thing.

Pigglies

Post   » Sun Oct 12, 2003 11:57 pm

We used Dex and Torb, which is a pain killer and a steriod
Dex and Torb, steriod and painkiller, respectively. (just for the educational purposes of this thread, I don't want people to confuse the two, not trying to insult you in anyway CP)

ChunkyPiggies

Post   » Sun Oct 12, 2003 11:59 pm

Oops, thanks!

Robyn3939
Lethal Lover

Post   » Mon Oct 13, 2003 12:11 am

What a good job you did with the boys. I am so happy they are healthy and on their way to a better life.

KarasKavies
For the love of my girls!

Post   » Mon Oct 13, 2003 12:22 am

Wow! Look at those handsome piggers!

BLM

Post   » Mon Oct 13, 2003 12:26 am

......they were seizing!? How sad.

:-(

do you think that was because they were near death, in so much pain, or what?

KarasKavies
For the love of my girls!

Post   » Mon Oct 13, 2003 12:27 am

Pain and mite infestation.

ChunkyPiggies

Post   » Mon Oct 13, 2003 12:29 am

BLM- can you kind of understand why people are crabby sometimes? We deal this this crap way too often. It makes you really have no tolerance/patience for people.

BLM

Post   » Mon Oct 13, 2003 12:29 am

how could anyone look at those poor little things and not suffer with them? not help them?