Show your cage III

goosey1019

Post   » Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:25 pm

I finally switched to fleece! It took Neal a couple days to get used to it, but now he loves it just as much as I do. :) I keep buying more and more fleece. It's so addictive!

C Cole-Chakotay

Post   » Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:41 pm

I love looking at all the cages! What we do for out pets. My girl has taken over about 1/2 of my dining room and my gerbils are on a table in the area between the dining and living room. My spare room is full of bookshelves for me, my PC and printer, but the main area is hay storage :) .

lilbitorange

Post   » Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:12 am

GPG, great setup!

Sidera17

Post   » Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:41 am

goosey- is that polka dot fleece from Joanne's? I saw something similar to it on sale, but was afraid it wouldn't wick that well. How is the wicking? XD

crazypiggie247
The Herd Of Wonders

Post   » Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:34 am

We renovated the cage this weekend. I decided to expand from a 2x4 to a 2x5. I made a removable 1x2 kitchen tray from Coro (as I've seen others do). So now my furbabies have a full 2x4 of play area.

I made the base w/ storage areas which I have since filled w/ all the supplies & extra beds. It actually ended up being the perfect height for my Vittles Vault that I store my Oxbow pellets in.

I also made new fleece pads that I had sewn over labor day weekend. We've got some rockin skulls & flames :)

The full cage. Kitchen is on the left. Yuna promptly moved HER cuddle cup into the tent area after I took these pics lol.

Yuna checkin the Weaver tent out.

Charzard03

Post   » Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:33 pm

I've added a loft to my cage now ^-^ I cant get my main fleece to wick at all, so I have that over the top of the cage, the small fleece blankets I have that will wick are now on the loft and tubes :3

goosey1019

Post   » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:53 pm

Sidera, yes, that fleece is from Joanne's! I realized that it was cheaper to just buy the blankets than x yrds of fleece. I washed it three times when I got it home and it has been wicking great for me.

Aertyn

Post   » Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:25 am

My divided cage, 1 piggy in each side, Frank has the red fleece and Josephine has the white polka dot side. They seem happier like this, Josephine even did a few little popcorns (at 5 she doesn't do this often and doesn't get far off the fleece any more) after saying Hi to Frank through the grids.

I still have to dismantle Josephines old cage and turn it into a stand for the huge mouse cage and I *really* need to clean the room but having the flu and working 5-6 days a week...things aren't getting done :/

blue

Post   » Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:49 pm

wow, that futon idea is awesome! I was looking thinking what kinda table is that and then I realized.

good thinking, I really love that idea.

serelixyue

Post   » Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:28 pm

oh wow, how lovely! I see you put ceilings so Frank can't jump over;)

Tracis
Let Sleeping Pigs Lie

Post   » Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:46 pm

That is a really great idea, Aertyn! Frank and Josephine look pleased. :)

Tracis
Let Sleeping Pigs Lie

Post   » Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:50 am

New thread: Show Your Cage IV