Pregnant and din't know and now have 3 babies.Please help :(

Charybdis

Post   » Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:02 am

I would go for something that is fine-ground and wheat based, oat based or mixed grain over a rice-based cereal. You might not have the brand Gerber but something similar. It will give some fiber over just the vegetables. You might add some canned pumpkin or squash flavored baby food -- these will have some fiber as well.

Pooja Mehta

Post   » Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:23 am

Charybdis

Post   » Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:34 am

Those would be better than nothing, but not the best because they contain milk and sugar. The baby cereal I use to mix with mash contains whole wheat flour as the main ingredient, plus preservatives and vitamins. There is no vitamin C in mine so I add 25 mg of crushed chewable orange-flavored vitamin C to the mash. For a newborn, I would add only a little bit of C.

ETA: Note, it would be BEST to provide one of the mashes that Talishan mentioned but you are in an emergency situation. And with a sick, weak baby I would be wary of giving a pellet slurry until he has some strength and can chew.....but if you can get him alert and chewing, that would be the next step.

Pooja Mehta

Post   » Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:56 am

I tried putting him near his mom alone. My mom held the mother and i held him and put him near her nipple but he is not opening his mouth. He is moving his hands and feet a little but cannot balance his head. I guess his mom must have slept on him.

Pooja Mehta

Post   » Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:59 am

Should i make him a wheat paste at home by baking wheat flour a little and adding water to it and feed him that??

Pooja Mehta

Post   » Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:08 am

I could also add vitamin C tablets to it.. Can i feed him that paste??

Pooja Mehta

Post   » Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:14 am

Can i give him a steroid which a vet told me to give him? Its called 'Betnesos Oral Drops'. He said it will ease his pain since his neck is tilted and relieve him of shock and give him strength to recover faster?

Charybdis

Post   » Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:32 am

I don't know if that is safe for him, hopefully someone else does. We do give steroids to guinea pigs sometimes. Also don't know about the wheat flour....he needs nutrition, somehow, something he can digest. I know they can digest the baby cereal but I don't know how it is prepared.

Pooja Mehta

Post   » Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:41 am

My sister is a dentist and she said give 2 drops of steroid so that he is relieved of pain. The baby's eye are wet so i guess its paining him a lot and crying. I think he had dislocated or broken some of his neck bone because he can move his hands and legs but not his neck. So as a temporary situation my sister has put a cardboard near his neck and tied a bandage. He seems to balance after that.

Pooja Mehta

Post   » Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:19 am

Thank you everybody (SweetWhisper, Talishan, sus4rabbitsnpigs) who helped me with this problem and enabled my little baby to survive till now, but he couldn't survive any further. Special thanks to Charybdis for helping my baby and me so much.
May his soul rest in peace..

Pooja Mehta

Post   » Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:27 am

Oh God, another baby with the same problem - tilted head, cannot walk, doesn't eat or drink..
What can be the reason? What should i do now??

Pimpinpuji

Post   » Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:43 am

Pooja, I just saw this thread, I'm so sorry!

Gerber is sold here in India. Where are you again? Try getting to a Namdhari's, or a Spar, or a Spencer's gourmet. Any place that sells International products!

Cerelac also has a non-dairy variety, though I can't remember the name of it now. Any pharmacy will carry it.

Syringe feeding can be done, don't give up! There are lots of threads on this site for syringe recipes and hand feeding techniques.