Pregnant and din't know and now have 3 babies.Please help :(

Pooja Mehta

Post   » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:10 am

I don't know what is wrong with my guinea pigs..
Now i see that Princy has some white fluid coming out of one of her eyes. What could it be? How can it be cured?

mmeadow
Supporter 2004-2022

Post   » Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:59 am

If you see the baby nursing 4 or 5 times a day, there are probably more times when you are not watching (you do need to sleep!). It is also a very good sign that the baby is nibbling the vegetables. The weight may go down a little bit for the first few days, but then should increase.

If you are seeing nursing and nibbling--AND some moving around on its own--I would not panic about the baby.

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:07 pm

The white fluid in Princy's eyes is likely her grooming fluid. They secrete this to cleanse their fur when they rub their faces to wash.

Don't worry about it unless it forms a crust. The cleaning/grooming fluid is pure white and doesn't generally build up. If you see anything gunky crust around her eyes, though, that's a different story.

90-100 g is not a bad weight for the baby at this point, given what s/he is going through.

Ditto the advice you have received from everyone above.

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:12 pm

Pooja Mehta

Post   » Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:30 am

I am sorry about Princy's new post. Princy's post is my second post on guinealynx, so din't know where to post it.

Last night i observed that Princy had more white fluid in her same eye which she used to cleanse herself but she dint use all of it. Most of the fluid left in her eye dissolved back in her eye but some of it was still left and every time she blinked her eye, i could see that left fluid.
Do they use all the cleaning fluid or they keep some to dissolve back in the eye and that left fluid can be seen??

She blinks that eye more than the second one. Also she doesn't open that eye wide like the second eye.

Today she had 2/3 tiny drops of whitish yellow colour on her eye lids. She has a little redness near her eyeball but i feel its less red than yesterday. Still i will keep checking her eyes everyday. She eats cilantro by putting her head in the cilantro layer and eating the lower cilantro first and then the top. I am sure she must have hurt herself by the cilantro sticks.

Keeping fingers crossed that nothing serious turns up..

Charybdis

Post   » Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:05 pm

Yes it sounds like an eye injury. Can you yet some antibiotic eye ointment?

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:49 am

Look at this list.

Can you obtain any of the ones that say "Tobramycin 0.3%"?

If you can, use these drops in her eye and IN HER EYE ONLY two or three times daily. She CANNOT repeat CANNOT INGEST THEM; they contain an antibiotic that can potentially fatally imbalance her GI. But they'll help her eye.

A vet appointment with an eye exam and a stain test for corneal abrasion would be best if you can do it.

Gentamicin is an alternate

If you can get either, make sure you get one that has only the active ingredient in it -- no other additional medications.

mmeadow
Supporter 2004-2022

Post   » Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:43 am

How is the baby?

Pooja Mehta

Post   » Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:37 am

Sorry couldn't reply. Was so busy with college, projects, exams and job placement.

Princy's eye looks fine now. The redness is no more, though her eye looks a little weak and small compared to the other eye. I am sure she must have got poked by something. Her weight hasn't increased in the last 10 days but she hasn't lost either. Should i worry about it?
Do i still need to apply the eye ointment?

The baby is doing good, eating and popcorning every time. I doubt he is a boar. So i am suppose to separate him after 3 weeks, that is on the 21st day. He is 16 days old today.
But the baby still suckles Princy's milk and eat veggies little. What should i do so that the baby remains healthy and Pricny doesn't get pregnant again?

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:32 pm

If the eye looks fine you are probably in the clear.

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:16 am

If the little one is a male, he can go in with the dad at 21 days.

If the little one is female, she can stay with mom after 21 days. You need to know for sure which s/he is.

https://www.guinealynx.info/sexing_pups.html
https://www.guinealynx.info/sexing.html

I've always had the best success with feeling for the ridge of the penis, running along the midline of the body, right above the privates.

Pooja Mehta

Post   » Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:17 am

Prince and Princy are having poop issues now. They get wet and uneven shaped poops. The poops smells a lot. I have to wash my hands 3-4 times for its smell to go.. Prince have lost 10 grams in 10 days.
What is wrong with them? What should i do?