Show your cage IV

C Cole-Chakotay

Post   » Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:31 pm

Very nice cages. That 4 x 11 is a whopper! I'm sure the piggies love it. Lissie, your cage looks so nice and neat.

GuineaPigGoddess

Post   » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:06 pm

Oh, yes, yes, I must share my cage as well. Perhaps if the weather is nice tomorrow (I'm a tad obsessive with natural lighting, ha) I will take some shots!

Debs4Pigs

Post   » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:09 am

I love the cages!! I'm JEALOUS!!

Mottle Tuft

Post   » Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:33 pm

Wow my cage could never come close to these!
Image This is the home of Mottle Tuft and Pumpkin Spice my two little piggy babies. :D

Image The loft with their hay rack, food and water.

Image Left lower side

Image Lower right side.

kywildpigs

Post   » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:31 am

Woah I must say I'm incredibly jealous of these amazing cages.

Mine is a pretty standard 2x4, I want to expand some day when I'm no longer living with my dad. I just don't have much room in my bedroom.

I want to add a loft pretty badly. I just checked the guineapigcages.com site to find ways to make a ramp and in the store they will actually make one for you for a price. This pleases me greatly.

Okay, enough rambling. Here's my cage.
DSCN2295 by softaschalk, on Flickr

I put an old fleece blanket on one side of the cage because it gets really cold at night. There's some cuddle cups and some extra fleece to burrow in underneath it. The girls love it.

And I just wanna say how much I've grown to hate pigloos. I really want to get rid of them.

CavyPlethoras

Post   » Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:03 am

I hope my cage will be as beautiful as these when I get some piggies!

Feylin

Post   » Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:22 am

Get rid of them! I've never had one and my pigs are fine. You can make other hiding spots.

CavyPlethoras

Post   » Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:36 am

I can't let them go totally free range; we have cats!

pigsforlife3

Post   » Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:35 am

CavyPlethoras - I think Feylin was referring to kywildpigs statement about wanting to get rid of the pigloos.

Feylin

Post   » Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:36 am

If you have cats that will harm the pigs, you need a LID, not pigloos. Pigloos won't protect the pigs.

I'm not sure why you thought ii was saying the pigs should free range?

Edit- pigsforlife explained it. Haha, I was so confused. :)

CavyPlethoras

Post   » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:30 am

Oh, sorry. I thought you meant don't give them a cage! Sorry!

tiffers

Post   » Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:38 pm

I love this thread. My other half and I are working towards building a nicer area for the pigs. Right now, they are in a ferret playpen. I have two cats, two dogs, and one of those dogs ensures that one of those cats NEVER goes near the pigs. She is VERY protective of the pigs. I've been wanting to get the shorter play pen things, like the one's for guinea pigs...but, I am worried it's too short...the one I use now, for ferrets, is too tall. I can barely reach my pigs from bending over the top. Haha! But, this thread has given me a TON of toy ideas. Seriously...a TON! When me and pigs get home tonight (I bring them to work with me sometimes), they're going to be in awe from all the new toys. Hahaha!