Show your cage IV

codyNpatches
Supporter in '09 - '10

Post   » Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:33 am

pigsforlife, I LOVE your cage! Is it some sort of shelving unit? I would love to do something like that and use the extra shelves for storage!

pigsforlife3

Post   » Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:10 am

Lissie - the pigs are in the top two cages. Currently Ella is on her own in the top cage as we lost Toffee, her cagemate, on Christmas Day. After we get back from our holiday (7th Jan) we have organised to meet up with her potential new friend. The middle cage has 3 pigs (Lily, Acorn and Rosie). And then the buns use the bottom level as the home base. The whole cage will go into this room we have allocated for them. So I suppose you could call it the piggy/bunny room!! I will take pictures of the whole set up once we have moved.

CodyNpatches - it is made from aluminium tubes. The tubes form the "skeleton" of the cage and are connected via 3 way and 4 way corner pieces. We cut the tubes to size using a saw (was very simple, much to my suprise). After that it was just a matter of putting everything together - a bit like lego. It is more expensive than a shelving unit, but I couldn't find any shelving units that were wide enough. This way we could customize it to suit our needs/wants.

WEAVER
one pig at a time.

Post   » Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:49 am

It looks VERY nice! Is it real tall? Do you need to stand on a stool to reach the top?

Goosenicole

Post   » Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:31 pm

Ha! I love all of your guy's cages and am reay quite jealous! I have the "extra large" cage from the pet store, but I'm really hoping that I can get a C&C cage soon. I have a ferret play pen type thing and am considering housing Penelope in there because that has a little more space for her to romp around in, but my dog would eat her at any chance he gets so I'm afraid that she is less protected in the ferret play pen.

pigsforlife3

Post   » Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:00 pm

It is just over 4 grids tall so is about 150cm. I am 175cm tall so don't really need a stool for everyday cleaning. I use one when I am putting the bedspreads in though.

We picked up the keys for the new house and are going to have to make some adjustments as this isn't going to fit through the door to the room we had allocated them!! Oops.

GuineaPiggin

Post   » Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:14 am

Percy's humble abode:

A closer view of the rug:

----------
Photographic "proof" of poo-eating fleece! Now if only it would eat all the poops like Weaver and Momo's cages...

Debs4Pigs

Post   » Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:26 pm

That's funny!!lol

Bytxlaura
Remembering Nemo

Post   » Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:58 pm

Ha! I love the poo esting fleece!

Hi there handsome :) I love his mat: "wipe your paws!"

EuropeCavys

Post   » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:23 am

Hello everyone, immediately sorry for English mistakes, because I'm from Europe, Lithuania, English language second for me.

In Lithuania isn't cube's. So I decided to make cage one of coroplast's [?].
I have prepared a cage, size is ~190cm - ~125cm. It's like a 3 by 6 grids. I built it not long ago, so it isn't yet installed. :)
Until now I has only one guinea pig.
Is this cage for three guinea pigs?

lissie

Post   » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:41 am

I love your cage! It looks great! And yes, it's big enough for 3 guinea pigs. Are you getting boys or girls?
You will need more hidey houses for them.

EuropeCavys

Post   » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:48 am

Thanks !!!
I have girl, and I will have girls !
Currently I have 1 house, 2 cozy beds. But i will have more.
I want skinny and US Teddy guinea pigs, but in Lithuania is just Sheltie, Meirno, Texel, Coronet breeds pups for sale, so I search for guinea pigs which i want.

Debs4Pigs

Post   » Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:06 am

That is a grat cage. Can't wait until you find your girls.