Show your cage IV

Feylin

Post   » Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:21 am

Where do you put your hay for them? You could just put handfuls in that nice kitchen area you built.

That's a very big cage! I have found that cages that are 3ft wide like yours help to avoid fights because the pigs have so much space.

Trex

Post   » Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:22 am

That's a pretty big cage, if I remember correctly, that's big enough for more than 3! I bet your trio will love all the room though (once you get 2more piggies.)

EuropeCavys

Post   » Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:45 am

Feylin, where - Image

In the first photo you can't see, but hay holder is near guinea pig. She eating hay. :)
It's . However, but holds a lot of hay. Later, perhaps there I will hold vegetables, and for hay I will make a bigger place.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:48 am

You write very well! I appreciate your taking the time to use proper capitalization and punctuation. Keep it up!

Very creatively constructed cage, too!

PBs mamma

Post   » Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:29 pm

Here are some pics of snuggles and peanutbutter's temp. cages until we get much bigger ones, I combined two large petstore cages for them, they LOVE it:

frillint1

Post   » Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:15 pm

Here is my cage. I have 6 pigs.

Char: Holy cow I love your cage!! When I move I hope I can make it big like that!!!

Piggiesmomslave

Post   » Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:27 pm

I have Cage envy!!!

@frillint1 How big is that?

caruba
Supporter in '10

Post   » Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:37 pm

Awesome!! How did you get the Midwest guinea habitat cages to be this big? I thought the canvas bottom would restrict the size? I have two "separate" ones that are connected with a ramp for my 5 girls.

I love how tiny the petstore cage looks against this beautiful setup. Nice touch :)

WEAVER
one pig at a time.

Post   » Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:41 pm

Looking at all of these cages makes me have "The Fever" to redo mine.

frillint1

Post   » Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:05 pm

I have 3 of them. I duc taped the bottom of them and then I use a binder clip to clip some fleece up where the cages meet. I am just nervous I wont be able to have it this big when I move. For some reason my one pig Chloe just loves the petstore cage. She is always in there. This picture is older, but I recently took out that divider with the ramp on it, so it is more open. Having it all open instead of 3 seperate midwest makes a huge difference.

WEAVER
one pig at a time.

Post   » Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:33 pm

I recently redid my guinea pig cages. I am down to only three cages now that Dudley and Peabody passed away. My dog Shelby is now using the 2 x 4 bottom section as her resting spot.

Another angle from far side

Boys' cage --their theme is kissing frog prince for Valentine's Day

Girls' sleeping areas (not including the 2 x 3 kitchens)

Top cage

Bottom cage

The girls' theme is candy hearts and more hearts.

Ange1icflowers

Post   » Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:19 pm

Ok, Weaver. How do you get that one section that is above the doggie bed not to sag? Just curious!