Show your cage IV

Shahbazin

Post   » Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:37 pm

Wow! I'm in awe of some of these gorgeous set-ups! I've only been keeping piggies for a little over a month, but their cage has already been evolving - at least I started with a C&C. I think further expansion is going to have to be in their floor time area.

The front of my cage (I had to double grid, since Twinkle is a baby):

Inside when I brought my guys home:

What it looks like now (enlarged kitchen area, cottage at one end):

The first of the sleeping items I ordered arrived yesterday! Peaches deciding on which one to investigate:

Twinkle already picked one:

serelixyue

Post   » Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:45 pm

weaver your cage is like a freaking fairyland, lol. all those colours! *dazed* so pretty:) who are those last 2 pigs? the agouti and the crested in the sak? Are they boarders? wow, your cozysaks are a real hit with the girls. ONLY shirley out of my 12 pigs have any idea how to use a cozySAK, they all think it's a mat:P

shahbazin, your piggies have the LIFE! :)

WEAVER
one pig at a time.

Post   » Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:20 pm

Serelixyue, the piggie with "the crest" is Allie-Belle. She does not have a crest, just a white spot =) The other piggie is our new addition Holly. We adopted her right before Christmas. She is just a baby (about four months old) and we are really enjoying having a little one around again. It has been a while!! Holly is living in the upper cage now with Natasha, Emma, Maggie, Rosa, and Jasmine seeing Allie-Belle would not accept her living in that cage.

Ange, I just use the connectors and tons of cable ties pulled real tight. I also use 6ml coroplast instead of the 4 so it holds itself up and is not so flimsy.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:08 pm

You have a lovely cage, Shahbazin!

EuropeCavys

Post   » Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:53 am

Weaver, your cages are amazing !!!

My cage now:

P.S. Water bottle was washing. :)

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:45 am

You have a wonderful very large space, EuropeCavys!

Regiane
Cavy Slave Since '08

Post   » Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:46 pm

I need more grids. *envy*
:)

EuropeCavys

Post   » Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:27 am

Thanks, Lynx. I'm thinking about more houses and beds, or, just more beds ?

caruba
Supporter in '10

Post   » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:33 am

Awesome cages!!!

So do you guys always take pictures right after cleaning? Are your cavies litter box trained? HOW are your cages always this pristine? And EuropeCavys, what do you use below that gigantic fleece blanket? wee-wee pads? Towels?

Weaver's pigs obviously hit the jackpot, even by this forum's standards ;)

EuropeCavys

Post   » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:47 am

caruba, my photos was take ~8days after cage cleaning, and I use towels after fleece :)

Guineadaddy

Post   » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:19 pm

I took a couple pictures Sunday after thye cleaning was done.
This is the north wall of the piggie room
Dining room.
Hard to get the true picture of the cages, there are 2- 2 x 5 cages, 2- 2 x 4 cages, 2- 2 x 3 cages, 1- 3 x 5 and 1- 3 x 6 cage in the piggie room, each one is a condo with a top and bottom cage. The dining room has 2- 2 x 4 cages and 2- 2 x 3 cages.

Clover21

Post   » Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:02 pm

Wow Guineadaddy! That is quite a spectacular setup! You have so many piggies to snuggle with :-). I bet you go through lettuce and hay like crazy. Over this Christmas break we had 2 bunnies and 5 guinea pigs at our house and we were constantly making trips to the grocery store to load up on greens.