Raising a piggy in India

Dildar1234

Post   » Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:43 am

Pimpinpuji

Post   » Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:25 am

Yikes, I'm not sure if you ignored my comment, or just didn't read it?

Also, if you use proper punctuation, it helps a lot. Try to keep your responses in a single post, if possible. You are given 10 minutes to edit each post, in case you forget to mention something.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:08 pm

Yes, please do. Proper capitalization and punctuation makes a world of difference in being able to read your post.

Check out this post, Dildar1234:
https://www.guinealynx.info/forums/viewt ... 711#826711

Pooja Mehta

Post   » Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:17 am

Puja, i don't mind calling them and talking to them about the bulk deal if other Indian users are interested as well because 100 kgs for my three piggies will be too much plus the added tension of storage.

The company had told me that if i order 100 kgs, then they will import any company's hay i want. If many people are interested then i can tell them to import the hay to their (other Indians) respective states rather than me sending hay to them.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:54 am

Pooja Mehta, it is helpful (your posts will be more readable) if you capitalize I when you are referring to yourself. Thanks.

Pooja Mehta

Post   » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:02 pm

Sorry Lynx, completely forget about it, as I was posting in a hurry.

Pimpinpuji

Post   » Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:49 pm

Hmmm no one seemed to show any interest in sharing the order! Did you ever contact the show "Heavy petting"? If not, I'll do it for you.

Do you have those juice or smoothie places nearby you? Such as Booster Jus? They have wheatgrass flats supplied to them by growers, who usually do not use pesticides, and sell at wholesale price. They can also deliver every few days.

If you can go to one of those juice places, I'm sure they can give you the number of the supplier that they use.

kamya26

Post   » Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:33 pm

Pimpinpuji

Post   » Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:28 pm

Hi, Kamya! Thanks for the information. If you go through the rest of this thread, you'll see this same link along with some others in regards to ordering piggy supplies.

It seems like the "hay bale" offered is timothy hay, if I'm not mistaken. Great! That was not there earlier. I'm not sure of the cleanliness or the quality, so if anyone orders the hay bale, please post!

However, I would not use the cages for sale. They are too small. It might be possible to contact them in regards to a custom made cage, or specific guinea pig products that are not listed.

kamya26

Post   » Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:00 am

Hey can I use hay that is fed to cows near my place. It is made from wheat's plants[after wheat grains are taken out the plants are threshed and made into hay].Also It is cut into small pieces here and is yellow-ish in color with dried plant parts including stems though it is clean and not smelly.I get a small bag for 5 or 10 rs. Its called *bhoosa* in hindi, some people even call it *toodi* .

Also should i feed my pet after every 3 hrs? And what shud i feed her @ night when every1s asleep [ even me] . Should hay be thr in excess or no everything should be limited?

Pimpinpuji

Post   » Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:55 pm

I remember reading somewhere that it was not ideal. I'll try to do some research and see what I can find! Hopefully someone on here might know better than me.

Most people on here feed their pigs twice a day. I feed about a cup of veggies per pig per meal.

There should be unlimited hay available at all times. Have you found a pelleted feed? Did you order supplies from the website?