Show your cage IV

caruba
Supporter in '10

Post   » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:14 pm

This is spectacular! What a setup, Guineadaddy!

GuineaPigGoddess

Post   » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:52 pm

That is an amazing pig room Guineadaddy!

Out of curiosity, what is the average height of the sides of the coroplast? My sides are 6" but I was thinking of cutting it down to 5" or so.

bafa

Post   » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:00 pm

Everyone has lovey cage set ups!!

As always, I admire your piggies, photography, cages and comfy beds Weaver!! Beautiful! :)

Shahbazin and EuropeCavys, your cages look so comfy!!

My cage isn't anything fancy but I shall post sometime this week. ;) You guys are making me jealous!!

Guineadaddy

Post   » Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:49 am

We buy between 2 to 3 cases of lettuce a week, 50 pounds of carrots a month, no less than a 110 pound bale of hay per month plus the assorted other greens and fruit as treats.

There is nothing like hearing 50 plus piggies wheeking for food when you open the fridge or rattle a bag.

I tend to go with a 6 inch side to help keep the bedding inside the cages. We have both fleece and standard bedding and use pelletized pine in the potty boxes and a small coro tray under the hay bins.

serelixyue

Post   » Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:22 pm

guineadaddy, how very organized and ....awesome!! do you run a rescue? or those 50 pigs are all yours? I really admire all that hard work.....all the cages look so tidy and neat. lucky piggers:)

Guineadaddy

Post   » Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:38 pm

We are This Little Piggie Small Animal Sanctuary Inc.
We focus on Piggies but we will take in most small furries, some of the piggies are personal, then there are sanctuary and adoptables.
The sanctuary pigs are the older or less than perfect health that are just as lovable just need a little extra care

BeanieBaby11

Post   » Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:27 am

Loving all these cages! Am I the only one who puts barely anything in their cage? I have a 1x2 kitchen and a 2x4 running area. I have piles of hay and waterbottles hanging over the kitchen (the water is on the opposite side of the hay), and on the 2x4 running area I have a fringe curtain and food bowls. Daily I'll swap in a new "toy" - big brown bags cut open to run through and munch on, grid tunnel, ikea tunnel, beds, stacked pads to climb on. However, most of the time, it is empty. Since I have a fairly small-ish cage (2x5 for 2 large girls) I like to keep it open for them to run. It also gets them more accustomed to me.

GPigsRSweet

Post   » Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:26 am

I love looking at different cages for inspiration!
Here's mine:

The kitchen/eating area:

The upstairs lounge area:

Downstairs:

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:08 pm

I love your cage colors, GPigsRSweet!

GuineaPigGoddess

Post   » Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:01 pm

Love the cage, GPigsRSweet! So colorful and neat!

Decided to share my cages... First a little look on the full thing.

Next to the cages is the storage for the "Pig Junk". A large bag of kiln dried pine, a little bag for daily laundry and three large tubs containing hay, bedding and pellets. There's also a double dish for my free range rabbit.

First is two adult males, Bingo & Pogo, in their 2x5.

Below them are the "Mini Boys", Dillie and Jessie (2 months), also in a 2x5.

The fleece is a little messy, they are both determined fleece diggers. ;)

Next comes the herd cages. The top contains 6 females, 1 neutered male. Girls: Precious, Nugget, Parfait, Molly, Olive & Frizzle. Boy: Fable.
They have a 2x3 kitchen.
Sorry the kitchens look a little messy, haven't done the daily rounds yet.

& a 2x6 bedroom area, 1x2 of that being two "bunk beds".

And finally, the smaller herd consisting of 4 females, Honey, Annie, Pixie & Dixie.
2x2 kitchen area.

2x7 bedroom area. There are also some structural grids to hold up the floor of the cage above.

Debs4Pigs

Post   » Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:22 pm

Do they jump up to the bunk beds. I'd like to do that with two of my cages.

GuineaPigGoddess

Post   » Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:30 pm

Yep, they just hop right up! It's about 4 squares high, or 6 inches. Even Fable, who is 8 years old, can easily jump on up without a problem.