12 plus skinny pigs coming in to rescue

skinnypigs1
Supporter in '12

Post   » Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:51 pm

Oh golly, I am sooooo excited to see some pictures.

LandosMomma

Post   » Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:53 pm

If they are healthy, I will take applications for them. If we still have one in June, I have family in VA and maybe we can arrange something!

PinkRufus
Contributor in 2020

Post   » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:28 pm

Landos, if they have been bred without haired carriers see if you can find out for how many generations. Knowing that could help you prepare for possible health issues.

LandosMomma

Post   » Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:39 am

Thank you PinkRufus! I am headed out now. It will take about 6 hours or so to get there. Fingers crossed everyone!!

skinnypigs1
Supporter in '12

Post   » Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:07 am

Oh I just can't wait to hear about them, hope it is all good news.

onetwo

Post   » Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:57 am

Landosmomma- Thank you so much for the offer! Fingers crossed for healthy well cared for piggies. I have had guinea pigs for 17 years and am very experiences with health issues. I have never had a skinny before but I have been doing my research. I would be so happy if I could adopt a skinny or two from someone. Obviously June is a few months away so anything could happen in that time. I will be sure to keep an eye out.

LandosMomma

Post   » Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:36 pm

We made it here through some really bad ice storms today. I'm at my sisters and thought it best to go in the morning to get the pigs. I didn't want them travelling in such crappy weather (or us). I am so anxious to get them it is killing me! I just have to snuggle my sisters precious Peruvian babies until then!

PinkRufus
Contributor in 2020

Post   » Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:09 pm

Do you have heat packs to put in the carriers with them?

onetwo

Post   » Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:35 pm

Aww sorry to hear the weather is keeping you away. Glad you could find somewhere safe to crash. Good luck and be safe...

skinnypigs1
Supporter in '12

Post   » Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:42 pm

The suspense is killing me!

GuineaPigGoddess

Post   » Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:22 pm

*cough* Am I the only one anxiously waiting? :)

LandosMomma

Post   » Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:13 pm

I have them!!! You guys!!! They are unbeleiveable! So the pregnant momma waits until we get in the door at home and we watched 3 healthy beautiful babies come into the world! The 3 week old babies were helping clean them off, it was amazing. Three minutes into life, baby #1 was eating hay!!!
That is the good news! Bad news is they all have something going on with their skin. I think it is from the heat lamp. I'm getting pictures on now!