UK and Europe - Information

Webs
Cavies 'n Cobwebs

Post   » Wed May 09, 2007 3:51 pm

This sticky is an update to previous threads started by aj_trouble to enable UK and European members to find equivalent products to the USA recommendations and share information which may be useful to others.

Please do not post replies to this sticky and keep additions to the relevant threads on topic. Discussion and chat can be held on separate threads if needed.

If you have any comments or recommendations you are unsure about please email me through my profile email address.

Thank you.

UK Food Options Info

UK Rescue/Adoption Info

UK Supplies and Sources Info

UK Veterinary Info

European Food Options Info

aj_trouble
Gave a Guinea!!

Post   » Sat Jan 05, 2008 6:03 pm

Wow, thank you for doing this!

Jenoi

Post   » Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:49 pm

I'm also in the UK so thanks.

Wle312
Guinea Supporter '11

Post   » Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:10 am

Just wanted to say, any Scots on the forums who are close to the Borders, I just picked up my Correx from InVision Sign and Display Systems at 1 Market Street, Galashiels. Very helpful chap, his email is invisionsigns@btconnect.com if anyone thinks that will help :)

Princess Aurora

Post   » Mon May 03, 2010 7:55 am

For everybody from around Holland (Germany - Belgium - Holland) we've finally found grids in Holland!

The store Leen Bakker sells only for this week - from the 3rd of May till the 8th of May 2010 - this cubes:

http://www.leenbakker.nl/nl/assortiment ... grill.aspx

I hope this is of any help for all the members of GL around this area, who suffers loads trying to find grids. I'd post this on Guineapigscages.com but everytime I log in, the page gets booted. Could anybody post this over there please?

I hope it helps. ;-)

SmooshyScruffles

Post   » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:43 am

Does anyone in Scotland know wher eI can get c+c cages? I am in west dunbartonshire and dont drive so would need to be public transport accessible or do home deliveries. I have 7 cavies atm in hutches and have an empty box room - I would love to get 2 c+c cages and use up all the space in the spare room for the piggies.

Jaycey
Supporter in 2014

Post   » Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:12 am

Would free-ranging be an option if you're using the whole room?

B&Q sell the grids. I've never bought them instore so I would check your local store before visiting.

I found it really difficult to find Correx (that's what Coroplast is called over here, if you ask for Coroplast you'll get something completely different, and unusable). I opted to line the cages with lino instead. It's not quite as neat as Correx and I had to tape the corners together, but it works well in my cages.

SmooshyScruffles

Post   » Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:46 am

It wouldn't as I have to keep the males and females seperate. If i could figure out how to seperate the room into 2 then I would love to let them freerange. Thank you so much for the advice! I will definitely look into it when I get paid on friday.

edit:just looked on b+q website and can't find them, do you know what they're called on there?

kayleigh101

Post   » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:20 am

I tried to get some from B + Q but they don't ever seem to have them in stock. I've been checking for months now, it won't let you buy them online and they're not instock in ANY of the stores, so I'm giving up on them now. Let me know if you guys have any luck with them.

Webs
Cavies 'n Cobwebs

Post   » Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:31 pm

The usual ones are not available from Amazon direct at the moment but these ones have 16 grids and are only £3 delivery.

Check local signmakers for coroplast or some people have used tough vinyl.

SmooshyScruffles

Post   » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:18 am

I found the exact same ones for a lot cheaper here if that helps anyone.

Thanks for the info webs. My babies will be very greatul of all their extra space.

also b+q has them back in stock, it looks like you get a lot more for less money here
http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav.jsp?a ... stid=35239

how many would I need to buy to make 2 cages?

SmooshyScruffles

Post   » Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:08 am

http://www.sitebox.ltd.uk/product/poa23 ... 24m-x-12m/ <<is this the correx I'm looking for?