My Antithesis

C Cole-Chakotay

Post   » Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:27 pm

Congratulations on your additions! They are very attractive.

ilumiari

Post   » Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:33 pm

Right, cold turkey time starts this morning. I hope they get the hang of it soon.

Debs4Pigs

Post   » Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:36 am

They are just too cute!! I love the picture in the cuddle cup.

ilumiari

Post   » Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:31 am

My house is reasonably cluttered, so at this stage for floor time I'm blocking off all the exit points on our foyer. Their first floor time was last weekend.

At first they weren't particularly impressed with my attempts to coax them out of their cozy tunnel.

Before long the allure of new smells just became too strong!

Sooty. I think.

Smudge. I think.

Sooty doing his best puppy impersonation.

Smudge getting confused about the difference between newspaper and nomnoms.

My piggies hatching a nefarious plan.

Here is an unrelated picture of a head emerging from a sack.

They're giving me evils at the moment on account of the pellet situation. Tough love, right?

Brainerror

Post   » Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:02 am

ohhh so very gorgeous! I'm not sure if this will help, but I see some differences in the two. The one in the last photo for example has a smaller, rounder face with a much smaller brown patch on his nose. Also his ears stick up more.

In this photo: http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a239/ ... floor3.jpg you can tell the different shape in their face and the positioning of the ears.

In time you will know by heart who is who :)

SwtMelly

Post   » Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:59 am

Oh yeah, you will soon know. I have two self black piggies, Beau is the talker, and Angus is the strong silent type. Two totally different personalities, and Angus has a big butt :)

Absinnu

Post   » Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:05 am

I caught some discussion about these pigs in another thread, and the first thing I noticed about them was the difference in their ears.

One of them has ears that droop and almost lie flat against his(?) face, and the other has perkier ears that flare outward and up a little.

The one with droopy ears has the larger/darker nose patch (shorter distance from inside corner of eye to the patch), and the one with perky ears looks like a smaller pig in general.

Once you can tie these physical characteristics to their personalities, you will have easily identifiable pigs.

ilumiari

Post   » Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:14 am

I find it pretty straightforward to tell them part when they're together (so I can compare them), it's not so easy when they're apart. Sooty's nose is a little darker than Smudge's, but it's pretty hard to judge when I've only got one of them! Recently I've been able to tell them apart by the fact that a tuft of white hair has grown over Smudge's leftmost toe (You can see it in a few photos). Sooty is also gaining weight noticeably faster than Smudge.

They're still not impressed with the new pellets. Rarely one of them will dip their head in the bowl, even more rarely will one of them then take a single chomp, but the volume has yet to go down. Oh well, they're doing fine for water, hay and veggies, so I'm not worried yet.

cutemomomi
Obey My Authority

Post   » Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:48 am

We are so much alike, like you, I *inherirted* my first piggie from a coworker when the birthday present turned bit the birthday boy... :p
Unlike you though, I never intended to keep her, rather just to rbing her home out from that cold conference room and ... bring her back in tomorrow for placement... *anyhoo*

I feel your pain, I too spent a good year procrastinating on my thesis with the constant wheeking and *i keel you* going on at my home!

A round of applause for your courage, and I love your pictures, so bright and really brings out the white coats the little darling ears! :)

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:34 pm

Smudge and Snooty are cute and I'm sure loving their new home. They look like they're ready to go exploring and check out stuff. Congrats on your handsome boars.

Piggywig

Post   » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:44 pm

OK, on your first post, the fifth picture, whichever boy is on the left, good grief, he looks so perfect, like a little doll.

What a wonderful picture. So many great pictures! And you started a chronicle for them, yay! Now all of us with himi love can live vicariously through you a little bit. Thanks for sharing the love!

Wle312
Guinea Supporter '11

Post   » Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:13 pm

I am swooning at these gorgeous piggies!!

Keep up the good work with the pellets! It took a good five days before my pigs realised they weren't getting the mix and now they chow down as normal as anything on pellets ;)