Post   » Sun May 01, 2011 5:31 pm

Good news-horray!

Tracis
Let Sleeping Pigs Lie

Post   » Sun May 01, 2011 5:55 pm

Yay for Brave Nikki!

WICharlie

Post   » Sun May 01, 2011 6:08 pm

Has she ever been in a cage this size before? It may be that the space is overwhelming and not the other pigs being in there with her.

rkog

Post   » Sun May 01, 2011 6:36 pm

No - that cage is nothing like the original she was in. Not only is it 7-8 larger, it is actually clean. I'm glad it is working. I figured a covered area would help her. I bet you could remove the cover tomorrow and she'll be fine. She was pretty shaken when she first got here. I think the combination of her personality and the new expanse before her is just going to make this take a bit longer. Is Beau in like Flynn?

mkkayla
Supporter in '14

Post   » Tue May 03, 2011 10:12 pm

Nikki is slowly getting more comfortable. I found her in the loft earlier and tonight she was actually eating hay in the 2x2 haybox with Beau and Cookie and Maggie. I took a picture of the four of them but because that haybox is covered the pic was too dark :(

Bytxlaura
Remembering Nemo

Post   » Tue May 03, 2011 11:23 pm

I am glad Nikki is coming along :)

Tracis
Let Sleeping Pigs Lie

Post   » Wed May 04, 2011 3:20 am

Very good news!

rkog

Post   » Wed May 04, 2011 6:24 am

Wonderful news!

mkkayla
Supporter in '14

Post   » Wed May 04, 2011 1:57 pm

It will be interesting to see how their weights are this week. Nikki may lose a bit just because of her nerves. Beau may lose just because he's so active. He is walking around brrrring all the time, brrwagging with his ladies, and running up and down the ramps into the lofts. He thinks he is in heaven. The weight loss, (if it happens) won't hurt him, he had gained 120 grams in the three weeks he was here. Nikki had 'only' gained 54 in the same time period.

rkog

Post   » Sat May 07, 2011 8:12 am

MkKayla - is Nikki any better this week? How are the weights?

mkkayla
Supporter in '14

Post   » Sat May 07, 2011 1:38 pm

All is well in the big cage. No more jumping and running because a pig looks at her. She readily eats at the same plate as any of the others and seems really relaxed. I haven't weighed yet, plan to do that later today. I am really glad that everything has calmed down and everyone seems happy. Thanks for asking!

mkkayla
Supporter in '14

Post   » Thu May 26, 2011 9:00 am

Wow, new weights on these two Beau 1380 (up 190 grams since I brought him home) and Nikki is now 1120, up 130 grams. Nikki is still the smallest in my herd but she is right on the heels of Emma (1126). Beau is closing in on the heaviest, Maggie, who weighs 1410.

I think they all need weight watchers. They certainly get enough exercise. Beau looks pregnant, if I couldn't pop out his 'you know what', I'd be seriously concerned, or worried about ovarian cysts.