Building Ginny's & Sakura's Cage (with photos)

Tuggell

Post   » Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:57 pm

I found some mini grids on the second link greensgirl sent. They're 10x10. I don't know if that's as little as you guys were looking for. Here's where they're at http://thefixturezone.com/14x14epcowig.html

Tracis
Let Sleeping Pigs Lie

Post   » Sun May 08, 2011 9:45 pm

How time flies!

Recently I've been inspired by the many wonderful cage ideas and pictures on Guinea Lynx, and so I decided to remodel Miss Sakura's cage.

Points I considered:
  • As many already know, Miss Sakura recently celebrated her 5th birthday.
  • Sakura has not been using the upper loft or mini-loft very often after Ginny's death last year. Perhaps the lofts are not necessary?
  • Sakura still enjoys playing with draped towels and fabrics. She feels most secure when part of her body is hidden.
  • If there is only one good hiding spot in the cage, she will not move around very much. She needs more than one hiding spot.
After a few tries, we've finally settled on a cage design that fits Miss Sakura and her lifestyle.

Now, Miss Sakura invites everyone to view her new cage!

Bugs Mom

Post   » Sun May 08, 2011 9:48 pm

Nice cage! It looks very comfy for the beautiful Sakura. So glad she approves of the colors and layout.

skinnypigs1
Supporter in '12

Post   » Sun May 08, 2011 9:50 pm

Very cool step by step pictures!
I love those mini grids, they make a great hay rack.

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Sun May 08, 2011 10:01 pm

Thanks for sharing. The awing is such a great idea. I have been thinking how to give them some ovehead coverage with grids but wasn't creative enough to figure ou how to make the grids stand at an angle until I saw your photos. Must try it out.

slavetofuzzy
4 the Good of all Pigs

Post   » Sun May 08, 2011 10:10 pm

Awesome set of pics and cage design. So glad the little miss approves. I'll have to look for some mini grids.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun May 08, 2011 10:26 pm

Oh, the awnings are great! The cage is so colorful and stylish! And those pads look darn comfy!

I would be happy to add your pics to the thread if you're interested!

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Sun May 08, 2011 10:30 pm

Beautiful cage for a beautiful girl! :)

Tracis
Let Sleeping Pigs Lie

Post   » Sun May 08, 2011 10:51 pm

Thank you!

We also have a set of Transformers awnings to match her Transformers cuddle cups. :)

Lynx, you can add these pictures to the thread. I think that most of them have been compressed already.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun May 08, 2011 11:05 pm

Sounds good! I even have a Tracis folder if I remember right :-)

GuineaPiggin

Post   » Mon May 09, 2011 12:17 am

Loving her new setup! Such a pretty face she has. ^_^

tburne

Post   » Mon May 09, 2011 1:14 pm

How steep is the ramp for the loft area? We put a 2nd floor loft for hay as they were making...well piggies of thier cage but the ramp seems so steep I don't know if they'll go up it. We have not opened up the 2nd floor yet until we figured out the ramp. So far we cut the coroplast 6" wide for the bottom and 5" high for the sides. We have to get something to put on the bottom so they have traction and then secure it but looking at the length and the angle I was not sure they would even go up it.