What appears to be an impaction may not always be.

skinnypigs1
Supporter in '12

Post   » Wed May 18, 2011 8:55 pm

Holy doodle that is pretty crazy or what! Glad you caught that. Good piggy Mom or what.

Cinnabuns Legacy

Post   » Wed May 18, 2011 9:21 pm

That is so horrifying, he is very lucky to have a very observant "mom". That's weird that it happened over three years after the surgery, yikes.

frillint

Post   » Wed May 18, 2011 9:24 pm

Ill bee keeping an eye on my boar. He was neutered a little more than a year ago.

TwoWhitePiggies

Post   » Wed May 18, 2011 9:30 pm

Oh, goodness! That's scary! Glad you caught the problem!

vanillapooh1979

Post   » Fri May 20, 2011 10:32 am

My vet said perhaps because he did have some impaction going on that he was straining to poop and that is what caused it.

He is doing great so happy and today he even got up into the hay bin so I know he is feeling a lot less sore.

vanillapooh1979

Post   » Mon May 23, 2011 3:34 pm

It is eleven days post surgery so Lion goes in for a follow up this afternoon. He is doing really well in my opinion. Hoping he gets the all clear to rejoin the herd, as he seems lonely.

vanillapooh1979

Post   » Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:41 pm

Lion is doing great. He is back in with the herd. He is also gaining weight nicely and eating and pooping normally. :)

Bugs Mom

Post   » Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:18 pm

Horray for Lion. Enjoy being with your friends again!

flutterbye

Post   » Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:27 pm

I'm so happy to read that he's doing well, you've both been through quite something!

Best wishes from us here in Wales xx

vanillapooh1979

Post   » Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:08 pm

Thanks friends! His birthday is in a few weeks so I will do a special party for him and his brother. :)

Debs4Pigs

Post   » Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:02 pm

Glad he's well enough to be with his herd and to enjoy his birthday.

vanillapooh1979

Post   » Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:20 pm

Ugh I think poor Lion may have a UTI. He is crying a bit when he pees. The pee looks clear/milky on a towel. I am worried about him. He is eating and drinking and playing though. Have an appointment in the morning with Vet. If he gets worse today I wil take him to the ER vet except that vet is not very cavy savvy so would rather have our regular vet see him tomorrow.