Chubbles' medical thread

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Fri May 20, 2011 9:58 pm

Use plenty of probiotic with Baytril (although I suspect you know this, more for casual readers). If she starts showing intolerance get them to change to Septra.

Brainerror

Post   » Sun May 22, 2011 5:03 pm

She's doing pretty well on Baytril really :) We knew she would be as Squee, her daughter, tolerates it really well. We do give probiotics 2 hours after meds regardless of which antibiotic they're on.

Her weight has gone up to 978g as well which is good. Hopefully I can get her back to her old weight of 1100g, but I doubt it.

Guinea Love

Post   » Sun May 22, 2011 6:50 pm

She is gorgeous. I hope she feels better soon.

Brainerror

Post   » Tue May 24, 2011 11:47 am

Just wanted to say that she has been exactly a kilo for the last 2 days :) and this is without giving her CC. I think it's safe to say she's back on track.

BamBam

Post   » Tue May 24, 2011 12:00 pm

Super news - keep it up girl!

Mapleowl18
Supporter in '11

Post   » Tue May 24, 2011 1:41 pm

Brainerror, I had an odd thought with all your stone problems. Could you put a water filter on your faucet? Or they sell those Brita pitchers with the built in filters. (Better than buying the girls bottled water!)

Maybe your tap water is naturally high in calcium or something.

Thats great that Chubbles is feeling better!

Brainerror

Post   » Tue May 24, 2011 2:01 pm

I was thinking about that too Maple. It's ever since we moved to our current place 4 years ago that we've had stones pop up.

A Brita filter is definitely a good idea.

BamBam

Post   » Wed May 25, 2011 2:33 am

Brita's increase phosphorus.

I live in a hard water area and buy bottled water. You have to check which brand because many have high calcium levels. If you can get it, Iskla is the best at 6mg/l. Tesco sell Ashbeck at 10mg/l. Anything ~10 or less is good.

Brainerror

Post   » Wed May 25, 2011 7:05 am

Thanks Bam bam that's good to know. I despise Tesco and everything they stand for, so I'm hoping I can find something similar in Sainsburys or Co-op.

BamBam

Post   » Wed May 25, 2011 7:33 am

Couldn't agree more re Tesco. I try very very hard to have nothing to do with the organisation despite its vice like grip on every aspect of our society. I only buy Ashbeck from Tesco in a real emergency. I usually buy up the whole of Waitrose' supply of large bottles of Iskla as soon as they hit the shelves. Expensive though.

Brainerror

Post   » Wed May 25, 2011 10:47 am

Ahh excellent. we have a Waitrose 10 min from us :) edit: just saw your last sentence.. ick! Sainsburys, co-op or Asda it is.

BamBam

Post   » Wed May 25, 2011 12:06 pm

:)