Skinny Pig Palace

GuineaPigGoddess

Post   » Wed May 25, 2011 8:32 pm

Skinnypigs1, you've helped me TONS with being a new skinny pig owner. You sure are a member!

LisasHerd

Post   » Wed May 25, 2011 8:47 pm

Thanks Landos!! I am still a poor writer so if they do anythingcute I'll post!

skinnypigs1
Supporter in '12

Post   » Wed May 25, 2011 10:21 pm

It didn't take long for me to get fed up with cleaning under the loft. Barnaby and Ernie would sleep under it and poop so much.
It was hard to reach to clean and to change the fleece, so that meant a new cage design.

After awhile I tried Grover with B and E one more time, only to have the effort fail again, so this got me to thinking, what about another skinny pig? I toyed with the idea for awhile and one day while on kijiji I searched skinny pigs and along came Rugby. He was being rehomed and I was the first person to respond! I picked him up about a week after I first messaged the owner and have loved him ever since.

Here is the first cage set up that included Rugby.

After seeing so many other cages up on a stand, I decided that was what I wanted to do. So I slowly built my stands and realized that it wasn't going to work to have the cage as a 5 by 6, so of course I split the cage into 2- 3by5's.
Here are the two cages on stands.

This brings me to the newest development.
At first I had both the cages out from the walls so that I could walk around them. I decided to push them up against the walls and magically this left a space perfect for a 2 by 5 cage to be on the floor. I didn't know who would fill the cage until one day I was on kijiji again, looking at skinny pigs and found Calvin and Hobbes. They were located 20 minutes away from me and were 'free'. I wasn't the first to message the owner and was told that they were being picked up the following day already by someone else. I told the owner to let me know if no one showed up to take them. Sure enough the next day I get an email saying the couple who were supposed to pick them up never showed. This meant they were mine. I went and picked them up and boy am I glad I did. They were in a small cage, which is pictured below.

I was so surprised they weren't fighting with eachother terribly. I changed them the next day into the 2 by 5 cage and eventually moved them into the "Skinny Pig Room".

So there you have it, my pigs and the room dedicated to them.

GuineaPigGoddess

Post   » Wed May 25, 2011 10:26 pm

Oh, my favorite part! I just love Calvin and Hobbes, I'm so jealous of their perfect pink skin. I just want to kiss them!

Its always so nice to see so many cuties in such a great home, with so much love. I hope there's many, many more happy stories to share. We'll all be looking forward to it!

skinnypigs1
Supporter in '12

Post   » Wed May 25, 2011 10:44 pm

Thanks!
Calvin and Hobbes are pretty darn cute with their pinkness.

LisasHerd

Post   » Wed May 25, 2011 10:46 pm

I heart all your boys!!

FL Cavy Slave

Post   » Wed May 25, 2011 11:00 pm

All your boys are just gorgeous and I love your skinny pig room.

Rugby just made it to the top of my pignap list! Thanks so much for sharing.

skinnypigs1
Supporter in '12

Post   » Wed May 25, 2011 11:01 pm

FL Cavy Slave, thanks for reading :)
It is funny how everyones tastes for who they like best is different.
Rugby is a real sweetie but he likes to nip!

serelixyue

Post   » Wed May 25, 2011 11:57 pm

that is barnaby in your profile pic! I do have a soft spot for skinny pigs, I hope to have one of those one day. Their cage is like ....like.....MASSIVE!!!! all their names are so cute :)

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Thu May 26, 2011 12:02 am

The skinny pig room is wonderful and the pigs are so fortunate to be in such lovely homes. We are talking designer decor!

skinnypigs1
Supporter in '12

Post   » Thu May 26, 2011 7:55 am

Yes Barnaby is in my profile pic!
Thanks for the nice comments :)

Brainerror

Post   » Thu May 26, 2011 8:19 am

they're all so gorgeous!