Female guinea pig in Portland, OR metro area with broken leg

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Fri May 27, 2011 2:54 pm

They just let her lie there and rot.
They have taught their children well. It will happen to them one day. I hope soon.
Please thank your vet for trying.
Godspeed and safe passage, little one. Know now that you are loved.

shanachie05

Post   » Fri May 27, 2011 3:43 pm

I'm so sorry she was too weak to recover. Thank you to your vet as well. They did the right thing.
Sad and angry at the same time. Stupid people...

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri May 27, 2011 4:42 pm

How terribly sad. I can't post the other things I'm thinking.

Bytxlaura
Remembering Nemo

Post   » Fri May 27, 2011 4:54 pm

I just hate people :(

RIP sweet baby! I am sorry you had to suffer terribly for a week. May they suffer equally one day.

Travelingirl916

Post   » Fri May 27, 2011 5:26 pm

That was too sad. RIP sweet girl

Cinnabuns Legacy

Post   » Sat May 28, 2011 1:04 am

This is beyond disgusting, the owners need to be charged with animal cruelty and punished to the full extent of the law. Is there any way they can be charged? Absolutely disgusting that someone could do this, the parents are responsible no matter who the animal was purchased for. At least she knew some care before she passed.

Catie Cavy
Supporter 2011-2020

Post   » Sat May 28, 2011 9:18 am

How heartbreaking. Did the little girl have a name? I'd like to take the money I was planning to contribute to the vet bill and make a donation to a guinea pig rescue in her memory.

worldangel

Post   » Sat May 28, 2011 9:57 am

So sad :( Parents need to remember that when they get a pet, they should be responsible for the care of the pet, not their child. The child can 'ooh' and 'ahh' over the pet, but that's it. To think that the adults don't even notice that the pig was having difficulty walking for a week! I am pretty sure if they had been responsible, they would have noticed that within a day and brought her to the vet immediately. Maybe he could still be saved then.

At least the poor little thing is not suffering anymore. I looked at Coral (who is the same age as this poor pig) and just gave her a tighter cuddle tonight.

lisam

Post   » Sun May 29, 2011 2:46 pm

I am so sorry.

rpaws

Post   » Sun May 29, 2011 8:33 pm

I'm so sorry. That poor little girl didn't have a chance in this world being 'owned' by such irresponsible human beings. How could anyone not know a living creature needed food and water?

I feel so bad for her suffering for a week, hungry and thirsty. May some people ONE DAY feel that way, abandoned in a nursing home by their family. (I regret the older I get the less I like the human race.)

She's now free to run on all 4 legs, forever strong and young, able to eat good things and drink as much as she pleases.

If you can find out her name, please let me know. I too would like to make a donation in her memory.

God speed good pig.

jedifreac

Post   » Tue May 31, 2011 3:14 pm

Ugh how terrible.

I would gather their information (name, email, story) and forward it to all local shelters and rescues as a Do Not Adopt. Many rescues have a "flag" list. That way if this family tries to adopt a guinea pig or another animal again, they will be under more scrutiny because of this past situation. May save other animals from their neglect.

spedder

Post   » Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:13 pm

Oh my word, so sad :( Even my 5 year old daughter's hamster gets daily loving and a look-over. That's just heartbreaking.