Female guinea pig in Portland, OR metro area with broken leg

SwtMelly

Post   » Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:06 pm

Do we have contact information for the Vet for donations in her name towards the care provided before she passed.

lou1600

Post   » Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:56 pm

Horrible, horrible. So sad :-(

Catie Cavy
Supporter 2011-2020

Post   » Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:08 pm

I sent an email to Paula asking for the name of the guinea pig since several of us wanted to make donations in her name, but I haven't heard back yet. Maybe my email went to her spam folder or maybe she just hasn't had a chance to reply.

paulammoore

Post   » Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:41 pm

Sorry, folks. I forget that the email linked here is my comcast, and I hardly ever check it. I'll go check and respond to everyone personally.

The little pig's name was Wishes and the owner paid the exam fee and the euthanasia fee, which covered the short period of time when she was in their care.

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:33 pm

Paula, thank you for checking and for trying to help her.

Cinnabuns Legacy

Post   » Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:02 am

Yes, thank you for trying to help her; that's all that can be done in many cases. I wish more people like the ones on here existed instead of ones like the former family.

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:56 am

It would be just if the former owner was prosecuted. Jedifreac's idea in the interim is a very good one in my opinion.

GuineaPiggin

Post   » Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:58 am

I don't know how you could ignore an animal like that for a day, much less a full week! I'm glad she passed knowing at least a little bit of love and with a full tummy.

RIP Wishes
Popcorn away amongst unlimited num nums and water

paulammoore

Post   » Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:46 am

"I would gather their information (name, email, story) and forward it to all local shelters and rescues as a Do Not Adopt. Many rescues have a "flag" list. That way if this family tries to adopt a guinea pig or another animal again, they will be under more scrutiny because of this past situation. May save other animals from their neglect."

It's a good idea, I agree, but this is not a family that adopts - they buy. And unfortunately there isn't any way of stopping that from happening. Vet did give them a very stern talking to, and told them they are not in a position to have any animal, much less an exotic with specific needs that's extremely fragile to begin with.

Debs4Pigs

Post   » Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:35 am

Poor little Wishes.