One set of mistakes after another

scoot

Post   » Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:41 pm

Nine years today since I got my first piggies on the 4th June 2002.

Here are Greedy Pig and Scoot (who started off as Blackie).

Yes from the pet shop, Yes in a plastic hutch, Yes living outside, and yes a nice crop of ringworm and snotty noses which started one week after they came home.

scoot

Post   » Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:06 pm

And a quick whiz forward to their 4th birthday in 2006

Tracis
Let Sleeping Pigs Lie

Post   » Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:49 pm

Greedy Pig and Scoot were such adorable babies!

It is wonderful that they overcame the ringworm and snotty noses and grew into sleek and gorgeous 4-year-olds.

Guinea Love

Post   » Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:03 pm

I love the adorable baby pictures.

Most of us made many mistakes on our way to becoming guinea slaves. Now thanks to sites like this one the correct information is more readily available and there are a lot more happy spoiled piggies out there. ;)

Great pictures. Thanks for sharing.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:52 pm

I remember them showing up in your cards, no? They are so adorable.

Debs4Pigs

Post   » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:10 pm

Those are very cute baby pictures.

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:57 am

Awww, too sweet!

scoot

Post   » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:06 pm

Well I came to realise outside and plastic was a mistake but least I didn't buy the smallest hutch but went for the Mr Snuggles rabbit hutch at 46 inches. It seemed so huge at the beginning and they were so little and so cute.

I named them after their characters..the temporary name of Greedy Pig was immediately obvious and quickly permanent. On her first vet visit I was still calling the other Blackie....as she was harder to get to know as very nervous, but I decided on Scoot as she scooted out of sight as soon as she saw you.

This photo was taken in June 2002.

And this one at the end of August so you can see their size compared to the dishes

Jaycey
Supporter in 2014

Post   » Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:08 am

They're beautiful ladies!

I love reading stories like this, so we can see how far we've come being cavy slaves.

I too had a outdoor hutch at first, and when I swapped that for a two tier one I thought it was huge. I wonder what my old self would have thought if I had seen and C&C back then.

maggiemae

Post   » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:11 pm

I love the size comparison. My first piggy was a pet store pig. They told me she was full grown. I bought the biggest cage they had there only to find out how much it didn't cut it.

Anyway, looking back on pictures of her when I first got her, she must be the worlds biggest, fattest and longest piggy ever if she was full grown when I got her! ;)

She is actually probably my smallest.

You piggies are very cute!!! :)

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:32 am

Aww! Love the shrinking dishes pics!

scoot

Post   » Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:06 pm

Now everything has been bought for a reason, and the biggest reason was always ...would it fit in the car?.

At least twice a year we go to Scotland to see my folks so I had to be able to easily move pigs and their stuff to whoever was looking after them while we were away.

Mr Snuggles hutch did just fit in my Ford Escourt and was light so easily carried when taking pigs to holiday homes.

But now I have a Fiesta.

This is from this morning from our Cornish holiday. Two cages, correx sunshade, pig junk, houses, hay, sawdust, separator grids.The pigs were in a triple decker on the front seat but I was too stressed to remember to photo them. Just as well it was only me and them as there would have been no room for OH.

Things used to be much easier when I just had two pigs who got on.