Questions/Stories?

Debs4Pigs

Post   » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:25 pm

I just saw the picture of your baby boy. He does look like a Satin.

I lose words all the time . Don't feel bad.

Squeaglez

Post   » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:32 pm

Bethie- I noticed you put those things around normal. Why? What do you mean by "normal" ?

Bethie
Still supporting in 2014

Post   » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:38 pm

The range of size for guinea pigs is quite vast. Some barely make 2 lbs, if at all, and other get to be 4 or even more. I think 2 1/2 to 3 is average for boys.

I use the quotes because "normal" is such an unspecific word. Guinea pigs can be not normal and still perfectly healthy.

Squeaglez

Post   » Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:25 am

So now my only questions are 1) His belly is all lumpy, Is anything wrong? 2)"He" is eating like a cow, Am I not feeding him enough? and last but not least 3)Mabe is he actually a her? I re-looked at how to check a piggys gender and the more I think about it the more I think it is a girl. And just to clairify ANYONE else can ask their own questions on this post and just like the title I would LOVE nice little stories about your sucesses and failers so I could learn more.

P.S. Feel free to tell/ talk about anything piggy realated =) .

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:51 pm

www.guinealynx.info/.html

eschimpf
SweetPea

Post   » Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:02 pm

Is there anyway you could take a clear photo of his/her parts? Also you can always "push" his penis out. gently put your finger about an inch or more above his privates and slid your finger down towards it. Usually if its a boy his penis with pop out.

Squeaglez

Post   » Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:14 pm

I have been trying to take a picture for a long time but he is just to squirmish. All of the pictures I take look like a blurry mess of fur. One more question that I have not asked yet, Is a petstore cage that has a water bottle, a food bowl and a pigloo a good traveling cage? It is about 3 square feet.

Hunybee

Post   » Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:21 pm

Those are excellent traveling cages. They are big enough that they can walk around, and will provide plenty of circulation.

Squeaglez

Post   » Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:06 pm

pigges and mosquitoes?

CavyPrincesses

Post   » Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:47 pm

I don't know if mosquitoes can get to him seeing as he is a crazy-haired Peruvian Satin, but if they can, keep them away from him. If you don't want to get bitten by mosquitoes, don't let them bite your piggies. Also, certain kinds of mosquitoes carry some bacteria and yucky things that might make your piggy sick just as much as it will make humans sick. Heard of elephantiasis? It's when a certain mosquito bites you and that area will get super enlarged like an elephant's feet. It looks like an elephant's skin too. There are also typhoid fever and more.

To sum it all, keep them away from mosquitoes xD

Squeaglez

Post   » Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:10 pm

How about out door time? My grass has mosquitoes and I don't want to use pestiscides.

P.S. My guinea pig loves grass especially when I pick out each blade and make a neat bundle out of it.=)

Squeaglez

Post   » Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:18 pm

So I just wanted to ask if my guinea pig is ok because I have been finding clumps of my guinea pig's hair (he's is currently alone). Some advice? =)