Tallulah's Medical thread

KrazyKawaii

Post   » Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:58 pm

It's old for sure, and when she went to the vet he checked it out and didn't say anything about it to me, so I gather he wasn't concerned. I poked at the inside part a couple days ago and it fell off, I'm leaning towards an old bite wound, it doesn't bother her at all, but I'm keeping an eye on it, if it looks like anything hinky is going on I'll take her to the vets. It just seems like dry dead skin...

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:01 am

Sounds like a plan. Keep an eye out for any inflammation, discharge, swelling, or pain (that is, she doesn't want you to touch it more than the usual they-don't-like-their-ears-touched).

KrazyKawaii

Post   » Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:05 am

Yea, she definitely hates to have her ears touched, or take her medicine, or be picked up, or share her hut, among many other things, she's a character haha I'm sure she'll be thrilled to have me poking at her more, at least she likes to cuddle.

It really just feels like a lump of dead skin, but I'll be watching carefully.

KrazyKawaii

Post   » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:32 pm

Can urine fumes cause coughing in pigs? I ask because yesterday Tallulah flipped her bed upside down and got stuck (she's very, very, dumb) and I didn't think anything of it because Twister does it all the time, but than Tallulah coughed nastily twice, at which point I went and removed her from her cave filled with pee and poop and righted the bed. Since then, no coughing.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:22 pm

It sounds like some irritant made her cough. Ammonia could do that.

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:29 pm

Bedding, ammonia, pee mixed with feces, pee mixed with feces mixed with hay dust, any or all of those. If she's been okay since you put the bed right and cleaned everything out, I'd just watch it without worrying too much for right now.

KrazyKawaii

Post   » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:43 pm

Yea, she's been fine, she just couldn't find her way out from under the bed and so it all built up I guess, the coughing was yesterday and she's been just fine since then. She had to be cleaned up because she was stinky, this pig has the absolute worst sense of direction ever, she'd get lost with a map. Thanks for the reassurances!

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:13 am

You are sure she can see okay?

KrazyKawaii

Post   » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:45 am

I never really thought about it. She reacts to my hands and stuff. I'll have to pay more attention, there's been nothing going on to make me think she can't see.

KrazyKawaii

Post   » Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:05 pm

So I'm a little nervous, I picked up Tallulah yesterday and it had been about a week since I really looked at her, I've been so swamped with school, I feel like an awful mom.

Anyway, her belly seems really huge to me, and it's squishy, and her nipples appear elongated. I've only had her about 5 weeks maybe? What are other signs of pregnancy that I should look for?

I hope she's not pregnant and she just got fat. I'm going to weigh her today to see what the waeight gain is versus last week.

KrazyKawaii

Post   » Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:54 pm

Also, at what age do the babies start moving? I just picked her up...pretty sure something was moving around in there. Lovely.

So if we go with the assumption that she's pregnant, how would travel be in a couple of weeks? I'm supposed to go visit my mom for a couple of weeks in August. Say leaving around August 5th it's about a 5hr drive from VA to PA in a car with 3 cats and her 2 sisters, that would be about 2 months for me having her... and since she's only been with girls since than...

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:30 pm

I don't know the answers to all your questions but it might be helpful to check out the reproductive area.

www.guinealynx.info/.html