Things That Go Wheek In the Night: C M'S Picture Chronicle

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:48 am

Best wishes that things go well for Luna at the meet and she picks a new friend. Sounds like things could get interesting.

Cinnabuns Legacy

Post   » Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:18 pm

Thank you GP mum (sorry I didn't see your response), Lisa has a young adolescent/growing baby who isn't dominant that we're going to try for so Luna can have an active buddy.

Luna has gotten a bee in her bonnet the past couple of days and I've been seeing her doing runs around the entire cage, front to back; usually when she does laps she just did them around the food dish with SleighBelle.

JaneDoe

Post   » Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:25 pm

Those are beautiful piggies.

I wouldn't worry about bone loss -- Pippin was huge until his death at about six years old.

Cinnabuns Legacy

Post   » Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:36 am

Thank you JaneDoe. Hopefully my beautiful Alistair "beard" gets lucky and doesn't have any bone loss later in life, if he is indeed a satin.

I found this video a few days ago (had to pull things off to reformat the computer, got some virus on facebook it seems), I'm sorry it's not exactly great quality. It made me smile though. Luna is still a baby here, but a fast growing one. If you turn the volume up around halfway in you'll hear them making happy squeaks.

Last night I had a very vivid dream that SleighBelle was back in spirit, and even in my dream I knew it was just her spirit, not her physical being. She was doing her "rooping laps" around a food dish and Luna was apparently watching her and popcorning with her. She couldn't see/hear me though, and I grazed my fingers across her fur through the bars, then either she faded away or I woke up, I don't really remember which. I'm honestly not sure how I feel about the subject of spirits or anything, but I like to think it was a sign that her soul was visiting me in my dreams(though the skeptic in me thinks that sounds a little silly). It reminded me of how much I miss her, but also made me smile at the same time, remembering how she used to do her little "roop roop roop" noises around her food dishes, she even did that just the day before she went downhill and spent most of her time sleeping next to Luna. But it did remind me that I gave her a good life, how spirited she was, and how being blind didn't get her down so much. Perhaps after tonight I can stop mourning.

flutterbye

Post   » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:19 pm

Cinnabuns mom, I lost my two dogs 7years ago, and I can honestly say it's the hardest loss I've ever had to deal with. I grieved for a long time, and often, my dreams were such that I feared going to sleep at night.

I'm not religious, or spiritual, BUT, I eventually found peace with their passing through my dreams - they turned from being unreal and frightening to being very real, and comforting - in my mind, they saw/knew how hard it was and 'visited' me, just for a moment, to comfort me and let me know they were ok. Honestly, sometimes I'd wake and have to take a moment to realise that it had been a dream, it was that real.

Without pushing any beliefs etc, I do honestly think that if you've been blessed with the dream that you've had you should cherish it, and take it as her message to you that she's ok over at the bridge, and that she has come to you to show you that in order to comfort you.

I hope you do find comfort and strength from that dream Cinnabuns mom, your words suggest that you have, and I just wanted to write to let you know that it IS possible, it DOES happen, and they ARE with us xxx

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:48 am

Love the leg pic!!!

Cinnabuns Legacy

Post   » Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:20 am

Thank you Flutterbye. I'm not offended by anyone else's beliefs or anything (whether religious or athiest), I just hope that this was some kind of sign that she is doing alright and that she is alive somewhere (good) in spirit. I don't know, but I can hope.

In about a week, assuming something crazy doesn't happen like the vehicle breaking down (extremely unlikely) we'll be going down to Lisa's rescue. This is the young non dominant female we've got her holding. I'm really excited to see Lisa again, and of course all the wheekers. I'll try to remember vegetables this time since last time we forgot to give her the bag of vegetables we were given when we piggy trained a pair of sows to Lisa's rescue.

Cinnabuns Legacy

Post   » Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:57 pm

We go down and see Lisa and the little (or maybe not so little, it's hard to tell because of the way camera angles can be tricky) girl cavy tomorrow around noon. I found out traffic will probably be bad in Tacoma from a friend who went to Seattle, though, so we'll have to aim to get out of town around 7:30 AM or so just to make sure we get down there on time. My fiance has been a real trooper about it though, he said he's going to go to bed around 7 PM tonight and slept during the day a bit yesterday to conserve energy for the trip. I'm so anxious/excited, it was so fun seeing Lisa (she's such a nice, compassionate person and it was obvious how much she loves her "kids") and her beautiful rescues last time and the scenery going up there is just gorgeous. It's like waiting for Christmas!

In the mean time, here are a few recent pictures.

My mother holding our oldest cavy resident, Cinnabun.

"Does that flash mean greens?" James is getting less camera shy.

"I didn't make this mess while you were asleep, I swear. Okay, maybe I did, but I'm too cute to get too frustrated with."

Cinnabuns Legacy

Post   » Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:12 pm

I picked up the little girl today. Pictures will have to wait because she's pretty traumatized right now. I took her out to introduce to Luna in what I thought was an escape proof area, and she managed to wedge herself into a small corner. I got her out in about half an hour, but now she's terrified of us. I really hope this doesn't make her anti human social now. I'm so incredibly stressed by the whole ordeal. Luna is really excited to see a new cavy and has been very good with her though. I feel terrible, she wasn't in any danger but it was scary for her, and now I feel like a bad person because I didn't see the tiny gap (that doesn't even look like a cavy could fit through) between the islands.

Well, I just saw her eating some organic green leaf with Luna and trying to steal a peice from Luna's mouth, so maybe she's not petrified now at least. She shares a lot of looks with Luna, I won't be surprised if they look a lot a like when this little one grows up.

Bugs Mom

Post   » Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:32 pm

Love your pictures! Your little girl will be fine. Maybe she'll even be ready for pictures tomorrow : )

Cinnabuns Legacy

Post   » Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:32 pm

Thank you Bugs Mom. I just feel so bad that we spooked her; she wasn't as terrified as she could have been (her eyes weren't bulging and once she settled in her corner she seemed content enough to just lounge there, though I know she was scared to some degree). I can't beleive I didn't see the gap; we've blocked them off well now. I've never had an animal spot the gaps either, so this really caught me off guard. There weren't any wires or anything dangerous back there but she was difficult to get out because my arms are short.

Yay, she took some green leaf lettuce from my hand through the grids and squeaked at me afterwords. I saw her do one popcorn, and she's eating hay with Luna. I want to give her a few days to settle in before handling her (unless necessary obviously) and taking any pictures. She is quite small but not as tiny as Luna (but then she should be around 8 - 10 weeks, I think? She was about three weeks upon arrival at the rescue). Lisa informed me that someone's dog found her in the woods all by herself (the person looked for others, but found none), who could do such an awful thing, abandon a baby domestic animal in the wild like that? I'm just glad they found her and took her to Lisa's rescue. She's amazingly social (I thought she'd be skittish, Luna was a skittish little baby unless being held with SleighBelle), she squeaked happily as I petted her rosettes in Lisa's pig room. Then tried to eat my palms and finger tips (I guess the hand soap I used earlier on in the day smelled good).

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:41 pm

Sometimes, even with the best preparations, the unexpected happens. I know what you mean with gaps - it's amazing what animals can squeeze themselves into. Fortunately, there weren't any wires or sharp edges. Luna looks adorable in that hay pic. I hope they continue to get along.