Tales of Mrs Tiggy-Winkle

Webs
Cavies 'n Cobwebs

Post   » Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:46 pm

I have been staying off the computer out of work time to save my shoulder since I got a steroid injection in it last month to try and heal it along with painkillers.

All was going well until our work activity, team-building day in which I was a little overenthusiastic on the inflatable assault course and landed on my neck. Several cracks in quick succession and pain and stiffness made me think I'd done something serious. Turns out it wasn't THAT bad but vertebrae numbers 5-11 inclusive have also been adding to the general nuisance!

Tiggy has also had a bout of illness. She was very gurgly in the tummy and developed diarrhea which we got sorted, then she went the other way with loss of appetite and I thought gut stasis. Turned out there was just nothing in her and she lost about 130g in weight. After a vet visit that also cleared up and she's back to being Tiggy again now. :o) We're just getting the weight back up again but being careful what goes in in case it causes another upset. Misty has been unaffected but got taken to the vet for a check up anyway since she hadn't been before. Clean bill of health for her at least!

So that's it for now, updated will be soon - hopefully once everything has calmed down and healed up. I also need to get fit again for my nephew's pool party - with inflatables...!

Recipe for disaster if you ask me. ;o)

I have soooo much catching up to do on everyone's chronicles...

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:28 pm

You poor kid! Hope your shoulder and vertebrae improve! And Tiggy better stay healthy, too!

Webs
Cavies 'n Cobwebs

Post   » Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:50 pm

A very brief and long overdue update but we are all still here! Think things are finally getting sorted out with me, while Tiggy and Misty both had a UTI but all seems more or less clear now.

At the end of August, Tiggy reached the grand old age of 4 and all 3 of us are not long back from a few days holiday at Thistle Cavies.

So many pages to catch up on and update in GL that I need to go lie down... more coming soon. :o)

Bugs Mom

Post   » Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:05 pm

Glad you are all doing well. Hurry up and heal completely so we can have new adventures and pictures ; )

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:41 pm

Welcome back and looking forward to updates on Tiggy & Misty. Good to know everyone is well.

Webs
Cavies 'n Cobwebs

Post   » Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:04 pm

I've been checking though my smaller camera and came across some more photos from the exasperating Thistle Cavy's photoshoot with Tiggy 2 years ago. I envy those that have pigs that just SIT! Tiggy is not one for sitting still - ever!

Tiggy, look at me please!

Good - nose up a little bit more please...

Tiggy, that's not your nose...

Better, but can I just change...

No, as you were...

No... your nose was high enough before!

Nooooo. :o/

Tiggy!

No more butt shots, pleeeeeaaaase....

Tiggy, IN the cosy bed...

No... that's under...

<sigh> I'm giving up too...!

clairey

Post   » Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:11 pm

Aw, she has such a cute butt she had to make sure you'd gotten a good photo of it.

MildredM
The-Fairy-in-my-Heart

Post   » Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:52 pm

Hahahaha! So funny :)

JadeMagpie

Post   » Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:36 pm

Hehehehehe!

Brainerror

Post   » Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:00 pm

hahahahaha I SO recognise this! :D

Bugs Mom

Post   » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:49 pm

I LOVE Tiggy! She's such a character.

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:14 pm

I think some of the best ones were with her nose in the air. The one with her walking away is nice too. Who says pigs have no sense of humor?