Big Burr and the many Rebel Days

JadeMagpie

Post   » Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:34 pm

They call me "The Boss." For good reason, too! I was born to be a rebel, and nobody's gonna keep me from doing what I want, when I want, where I want. Not even The Man! Bam The Man! (That's how the expression goes, right? Ha! I don't need to ask you. I know everything!) Bam!

Here's the rules. 1. Don't look at me unless I give you permission.

2. Give me extra hay all the time. Grass works too. Fresh = good.

3. Don't hog the camera. Someday I'm gonna be the front-man for a super awesome post-punk revival band and I need ALL the exposure I can get.

4. Lastly? I don't do laundry.

HEY! Did I say you could look at me? Shoo! Go on!

Hunybee

Post   » Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:07 pm

May I have permission to admire your greatness? :)
What a cute little boss! <eyes averted>

skinnypigs1
Supporter in '12

Post   » Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:14 pm

A piggy with attitude, haha I love it.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:19 pm

Big Burr is such a cutie, JadeMagpie! I wonder if he's interested in sending a couple photos for my next year's calendar possibility folder?

JadeMagpie

Post   » Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:22 pm

(I think he secretly loves the attention)! I think Burr would love to send some photos for next years calendar possibility folder. I had better not tell him yet, or else he'll want a photo shoot.

As soon as Burr realized that there's this big world to discover, he absolutely will not sit still any more. He MUST explore. He makes this low "hut-hut-hut" sound as he walks and will chew on anything that is chewable. Sometimes he'll talk real loud as he walks around. He'll rumble at just about anything that's annoying or that he hasn't heard before. It used to be that you couldn't even LAUGH without him rumbling with disapproval. Hence the name "Burr."

He used to be the big-pig King of the C&C until Dandelion totally outgrew him, but he still rumble struts around like he's big stuff!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:22 pm

I had one pig that made those noises when she walked around. I adored hearing her!

The second from top and last picture are both possibilities. Be sure to take lots more photos!

Hunybee

Post   » Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:34 pm

My abby Rosie, is constantly chattering. It used to annoy Jasper, but now he ignores her.

Burr resembles Alden's Ouiser.

GuineaPigGoddess

Post   » Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:05 pm

Aww, I love his chocolate patches! Adorable!

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:59 pm

Burr is adorable. You can tell he's a super confident pig - wow, exploring and all. My girls just want to sit in their hidies when they have floor time. Love looking at all the photos.

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:53 am

Stunning pics, stunning pigs!!

JadeMagpie

Post   » Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:58 pm

Burr decided to commission a painting to be used as propaganda to support his "I'm not sassy, I'm cute! Now make me a bed of hay five feet deep and bring me a golden dish of carrots!" campaign.

So, as his dutiful slave/butler/jester/cage-cleaner/gardner/artist-in-residence, I decided to get to work post haste!

Here are the results of our painting session this afternoon:

Burr and his Assistant approve -- but only because they do not have thumbs to hold a paintbrush (and therefor cannot paint!):

The gold border will dry into a crackled finished! I am sure Burr will be the subject of many paintings (and photographs) to come. I have to work from pictures because he will NOT sit still.

Bugs Mom

Post   » Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:08 pm

That's a great picture! Such talent.