What is this!?

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:42 pm

The cannula syringes are a **perfect** interim solution. (It figures; you can't get the non-prescription item in AU but those -- which I'm nearly certain would require a prescription in the US -- you were able to get.)

The only hassle with them will be you can only do 1 mL at a time. For right now, though, they may do an even better job than the curved-tip; the tip is slightly flexible, no? (The last time I had an IV I didn't look. ;-)

Your regular vet is the best in all of Australia, as I understand it, so Alice is in good hands. The chlorhex solution is correct for this application; all of the meds prescribed are appropriate.

Chlorhex is very drying. You may want to use sterile saline on occasion in your flushing "rotation".

Don't worry about the pictures -- if they're just of the hole, the direction doesn't much matter.

Good job!! Carry on.

pearl

Post   » Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:42 am

I can definately see a difference in the hole! Good job this is a very important and informative thread. I hope your bb gets better quickly! <3

akintolife

Post   » Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:22 am

I don't have anything to add on the medical side of things, but mail from the US to Australia normally takes 2 weeks by international first class. (I have a couple of friends in the US that send me mail semi-regularly and 2 weeks is the average time)