Things That Go Wheek In the Night: C M'S Picture Chronicle

serelixyue

Post   » Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:41 am

Phantom is in my thoughts, cinnabuns mom :)

worldangel

Post   » Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:39 am

Keeping him in my thoughts and prayer...hope the little guy get well soon!

You take care too :)

Cinnabuns Legacy

Post   » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:38 pm

Thank you all, sorry for taking so long to update this thread and post the pictures; we had to reformat the computer and I lost the program used to resize pictures (I'm using something different now as it is). Pictures of his "manly bandage" below.

Phantom is doing alright all things considered, usually he is good about eating (but then, he is getting vegetable baby food mixed in, otherwise he's a pain to hand feed even pellet mash to). He isn't standing too well on his own enough to eat on his own yet though, but he's been trying. So I'm taking him out every 4 - 6 hours for syringe feeding. He has a veterinary appointment tomorrow early afternoon just to check on how things are doing. He's been good about keeping the bandage on and not moving his hurt leg around too much in it.

Phantom in his blue cammo "manly bandage" on my mother's lap. The older folk have been a lot of help with these guys, especially my FFIL who is better at catching Phantom (I have small hands).

Alistair has been VERY good about Phantom being bandaged; he's only really bugged him twice (once to eat some mash off his face, and once when Phantom rumbled at him, he rumbled back and then calmed down and tried to get into one of the "tents" to sit next to him).

Luxi and Luna - THE CARNAGE.

Cutest little "zombie" ever, look at all the remains of that poor watermelon rind on her face. Ruthless.

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:32 am

Oh my, those pigs are adorable. Phantom looks like he's wearing a cumberband. I hope he's continuing to do well. He & Alistair look like they enjoy each other's company. Is that Luna trying to eat more of the watermelon - she's so cute.

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:13 am

Love the manly bandage!! Hehehe, the watermelon beards are cool!

akintolife

Post   » Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:32 am

The bandage is very manly. Watermelon zombies!

MinervaPiggy

Post   » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:11 am

I hope he recovers okay! I'm sure he will under your care.

Mapleowl18
Supporter in '11

Post   » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:14 am

Zombie Pig strikes again!

clairey

Post   » Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:07 pm

*sniggers* Poor Phantom looks mortified by the bandage, but please tell him it looks very manly.

Cinnabuns Legacy

Post   » Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:18 am

Unfortunately Phantom moved his leg in the bandage litterally overnight, turning it into more of a tournecette and made his elbow (where the torn ligament is) and foot swollen. Sigh. So they had to remove the bandage so it didn't cut off more circulation; I thought the foot looked more red. She said he shoulld be fine, they just wanted the bandage mostly so he wouldn't put any pressure on the leg, but he's not anyhow so they're keeping it off. He's way more calm with the bandage off and even is doing happy squeaks again (though he's not wanting to get up to eat hay on his own, so still hand feeding). Of course, he's getting .8 CC of metacam (the 0.5 mg/ML dose), so he shouldn't be feeling in pain at all.

Yes, GP_Mum, that's Luna (the big beefy girl) reaching in for more.

Luxi is getting bigger, several people I know commented on that. I think she's going to grow up to be big and "beefy" like Luna is. Wow, they're going to look SO much alike when Lux is an adult.

Cinnabuns Legacy

Post   » Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:40 pm

We shaved "the Beard" about a week ago. He's got a very short 'do now except for some locks of hair around his face my fiance left. I'll post pictures soon. I appologize for going so long without any pictures, but I've been so stressed out and depressed lately over what's going on with Phantom and family drama issues I really haven't felt much like photographing.

In regards to Phantom's issues. Phantom's leg isn't healing like we'd like it to (of course), mostly because he wouldn't keep it in the cast bent back because he got too freaked/stressed out about that and turned it around. He also isn't eating normally so I'm still hand feeding him (he's eating some, but he still favors the leg). He's not putting as much pressure on the leg as was expected for this point during the recovery process. The bone is trying to grow back stiff and a little bit at an angle. He'll should still be able to use it Doctor said, but it won't be flexible like it should be and he won't be able to do anything like pop corns with it.

The veterinary office is getting a new laser treatment in to help with joint/bone pain and injuries. It should heal everything up faster and minimize scar tissue. Treatments were estimated at a total of $500. Which admittedly right now rather sucks, but it's way better than I was expecting it to cost (in the several thousands range).

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:39 am

Sorry to hear that Phantom's leg is healing as hoped for but at least you have the option for laser treatment - not sure if we even have that here for pets. I know how worrying it is when your pig is not 100%. Best wishes that he continues to improve.