Tallulah's Medical thread

KrazyKawaii

Post   » Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:41 pm

I saw something kinda weird when they were in their pen on the floor. Tallulah was half laying down with her front half up and her head straight up in the air.

Very Bizarre...and now she's squeaking again, the poor dear, I hope she has her babies soon!

LandosMomma

Post   » Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:43 pm

That is the way they have babies, is she having them now??

KrazyKawaii

Post   » Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:50 pm

Oh boy! Really? I don't know! I didn't hear any funky noises! I'll go look.

ETA: Nope still pregnant, but there's a little something gummy/tissue like on the fleece, and maybe some blood (or blueberry juice) The babies are moving moving in there though. I'll keep an eye on her. She's running around like normal, and no blood coming from her now. I'm going to try to photo the gummy thing...

LandosMomma

Post   » Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:55 pm

She might be in labor now, is it dark and quiet in there?

KrazyKawaii

Post   » Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:58 pm

She's in her sack. I have the TV on, which is next to the cage, shpould I drape a blanket over the cage? and turn off the TV?

LandosMomma

Post   » Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:03 pm

I would make it as quiet as possible in there. So, she is more relaxed. I'm so excited, I can only imagine how you must feel!

KrazyKawaii

Post   » Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:03 pm

Stain on the sack:
Looks like blueberry to me

The gummy/tissue thing, the dark stuff is blueberry, the fleshy colored stuff, I have no idea. There's some lettuce shreds in there too I think haha. Location wise it right in front of the sack.

I'm nervouse, what if something goes wrong?!? and I don't catch it in time, or at all. I just want this over with haha. Once there are happy, healthy babies, I'll be happy and excited!

KrazyKawaii

Post   » Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:09 pm

Also, the babies are kicking like mad, and she purring when I touch her. Somebody yesterday at work said their guinea pig did that right before she had babies..

LandosMomma

Post   » Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:12 pm

It is so hard to say, looks like it could be blueberry or tissue. Is auntie in there with her or do you have her alone?

KrazyKawaii

Post   » Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:18 pm

Both aunties are in there. It's definitely something mixed in with veggies, so it's a very small amount, and I can't get a clearer photo. It's stringy, it reminds me of like the gross globs of fleshy stuff some women get during their period.

I considered seperating them, but she loves them so much that she would have just wheeked and wheeked so I decided it would be less stressful all around if they stayed together.

ETA: still no babies, and she's just wandering around the cage now. Also, the stain on the sack is definitely blueberry, I found the culprit aka squashed blueberry skin inside.

KrazyKawaii

Post   » Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:34 pm

I want to keep checking on her, but I don't want to stress her out.

However, one of the cats is up there staring under the blanket.

So. Stressful. I wishe she could talk, she could be like 'Yea, mom I'm in labor" and than I wouldn't be freaking out haha

LandosMomma

Post   » Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:36 pm

Keep aunties in there, they can be a big help! Are you going to be home most of the day?