iPig's Adventures

Mr Demus 625
Supporter in 2012

Post   » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:59 pm

He was so precious too, bit on the beefy side so he's well fed. Probably crap food but who knows. I'm going to call tomorrow and see if they'll let me bring in some Oxbow for him. Doubtful but we shall see.

LandosMomma

Post   » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:12 pm

Oh he is a heart breaker, I think once you talk to your vet, you will know what to do, when you are ready.

LisasHerd

Post   » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:35 pm

Is he a PEW? He would be here in a second!! Good luck with your decision.

Mr Demus 625
Supporter in 2012

Post   » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:46 pm

He seems more lilac/PEW. Like he's got some really gorgeous lilac coloring

LisasHerd

Post   » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:47 pm

That is even better!!!

C Cole-Chakotay

Post   » Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:42 am

He's very handsome. If you take him or not, Mr. Demus 625, I hope things work out best for the little boy.

rkog

Post   » Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:25 am

He is gorgeous. I hope this all works out for you.

Guinea Love

Post   » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:47 pm

What a handsome guy. I hope everything works out with your piggie family and that this gorgeous fellow is home with you soon.

My Izzy came to me in a similar fashion. She was so sick I did not think she was going to make it. She is now my cuddliest pig and I swear she smiles all the time. Until she came into my life, I had no idea that guinea pigs could grin.

Mr Demus 625
Supporter in 2012

Post   » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:39 pm

I spoke to our vet today and she seriously almost made me cry. I asked her about iPig and she sounded really excited about the prospect of us adopting him. However her recommendation was that if we do, he is solo pig. She mentioned that all the testing they'd done on his eye had come back chlamydia free BUT to be of the safe side she said to keep him separate which the way we are planning cage renovations wouldn't be a problem. He'd still be "around" the other but not in contact. Plus since he's intact we don't want him around Plumps. I'm going to call Ashley tomorrow and let her know we are taking him. Just need to wait until we get Beezles lab work back.

Jennicat

Post   » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:52 pm

Why did she recommend keeping him apart? We've had pigs that had confirmed chlamydia in their eyes and after treatment we paired them with 'normal' pigs with no problem.

LisasHerd

Post   » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:57 pm

I am happy you will be giving him a home!!

Mr Demus 625
Supporter in 2012

Post   » Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:15 pm

She was worried about transmission since it still isn't clear what is wrong with his eye.