iPig's Adventures

Fourboys4now

Post   » Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:23 am

My Scooter who has passed away pretty recently had a recurring eye problem. After an xray the vet thinks his face may have been broken at some time and it was causing eye/nasal drainage that wouldn't stop. I had to give eye drops daily but he had good quality of life despite that.

Good luck if IPig comes home with you. It sounds like he's a sweetheart already.

milosmumma

Post   » Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:52 pm

Thank you for rescuing him--I would absolutely consider this a rescue! Even though he is a solo pig, it will be the right thing. All he really needs is your love.

KrazyKawaii

Post   » Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:52 pm

I think he's adorable! I too, would consider this a rescue.

Guinea Love

Post   » Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:20 pm

I am so glad you are rescuing him. You are going to give him a great home.

Mr Demus 625
Supporter in 2012

Post   » Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:35 pm

Right now I'm worried bringing him home but it for sure wont be until we can figure out what's going with the herd. This summer sucks.

Mr Demus 625
Supporter in 2012

Post   » Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:23 pm

Well iPig should be coming home sometime this week. For now he will be housed separately but after we get some eye cultures we may intro him to Gibbs and Vatican. He will be getting neutered sometime this winter for sure so no floor time with Plumps. We were in PetSmart for a good hour with him earlier. He is seriously just so sweet, he LOVES being cuddled. Turns out he actually stays in like a Rubbermaid container on their food cart so he does the opening feedings with the employees in the morning. He just rides on the cart munching on his veggies and hanging out.

Also hilariously enough 625 is the last of our petstore pigs . When we bought him the girls called him "jerk pig" because he would bite and bully other pigs. He was constantly biting them. Since getting him he's never bitten us, never bitten another pig other than Mephy (Alpha issues), 625 is one of the sweetest boys. Why it's funny is because they got in a new boar and now he is apparently Jerk Pig, he bites clothes, bites people, doesn't get along with other pigs. They've treated him for Ringworm and mites so that may have been his issue but he looks EXACTLY like 625. I was like I think he's haunting you...lol

Fourboys4now

Post   » Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:44 pm

If you figure out what is wrong with his eye and it needs ongoing medication please let me know as I have some extra eye meds I bought up when Scooter needed them long term. He has passed on so they're just sitting in a shelf. Let me know and I can ship to you. :)

Mr Demus 625
Supporter in 2012

Post   » Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:19 pm

Oh very cool thank you!

eschimpf
SweetPea

Post   » Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:45 pm

Congrats :D

Bugs Mom

Post   » Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:47 pm

Lucky little ipig. What a great life he has ahead of him. I love the mental picture of him riding the cart munching vegs. ; )

C Cole-Chakotay

Post   » Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:53 pm

I agree with Bugs Mom. He will be one lucky, loved pig in your home.

Mr Demus 625
Supporter in 2012

Post   » Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:43 pm

Well iPig is here, he's a demanding little Guy so far. Hilarious though. Now to get him used to Oxbow!