Warning on new Target grids for C&C cages

GuineaKidsMomma

Post   » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:56 am

Found them! I'm so excited to give my boys a nicer place to live. Now I just need to find that elusive coroplast. :)

rockharder81

Post   » Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:22 pm

Thanks to everyone who mentioned KMart for properly sized grids. I have never posted on the forums, but I have been reading for a few months and the information you all provide is excellent. My local KMart is going out of business so I found a box of 6 cubes for about $18. Now to find coroplast or something just as good for a cage floor. :)

rshevin

Post   » Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:34 pm

Free advice: go back and get another box! You'll be glad you did. At some point in the future you WILL be wanting to remodel your cage and if Kmart is going out of business you'll be out of luck. Best to get a good deal and shove them in a closet. :)

rockharder81

Post   » Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:49 pm

I'm thinking about it. It's just my local KMart going out. My parents have one down the road from them, so if I happen to miss getting another box here, I can pick one up when I go to see them. :)

Regiane
Cavy Slave Since '08

Post   » Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:42 pm

There is a manufacturer here in Brazil interested in making special grids for cages. Usually the grids here have big spaces between the grids.
What's a good space between the grids to be safe even to babies?

Travelingirl916

Post   » Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:39 pm

I have rarely seen grids with 1 cm spacing. It would be small enough to be babyproofed. I know Texcavy used to have some from pictures I saw. You could PM her to see if she has a picture she can email you.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:14 pm

I think one inch spacing might work. It is primarily heads that get stuck. If someone wants to take a caliper to some baby heads, maybe we could downsize the maximum size by 25%. Or do some guessing by placing a finger on either size of the head and estimating size.

Regiane
Cavy Slave Since '08

Post   » Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:29 pm

Thank you Travelingirl916 and Lynx! :)

Squeakysquishy

Post   » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:50 pm

Hi, with back to school merchandise coming out, I thought I'd share that Walmart is selling the Whitmor 4 cube set for 16.20 online right now. I believe these are the old style grids. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

They also appear to have the lavender set on clearance for $19.

Here is the link: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Whitmor-White ... ed/5005200

Catie Cavy
Supporter 2011-2020

Post   » Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:43 pm

Went to Sears Hardware. Didn’t find what I was looking for but did stumble upon several boxes of grids – the good kind. They were marked $19.99 and had 6 cubes. Each store probably has a different layout but the ones I found were on a top shelf next to the mailboxes. I never knew Sears Hardware carried cubes.

LandosMomma

Post   » Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:22 pm

I saw these today and wanted to share the price, what a good deal!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Whitmor-Pink-Storag ... 2973417991

CavyHouse
Supporter in '11

Post   » Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:39 pm

I just noticed that Walmart has added another Cube Storage System, in addition to the Whitmor brand. This one looks similar to the cheaper Target grids - 5 spaces across instead of 9.

It doesn't appear to be available in any stores around me, but it bothers me to see them available. I'm concerned that Walmart may be phasing out Whitmor and replacing it with the"Home Storage Space 4-Cube Storage System".

Time to go buy lots of Whitmor's!

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Home-Storage- ... k/16940223