iPig's Adventures

Mr Demus 625
Supporter in 2012

Post   » Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:05 pm

A really old cat and that's what we were thinking but we can't find any signs of either. I posted a pic of my leg on FB.

LandosMomma

Post   » Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:07 pm

I'm at work and can't look at facebook. Is the cat there with you?

Mr Demus 625
Supporter in 2012

Post   » Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:57 pm

Nah the cat is with her family. I wonder if I can post the pic. Sorry if its too big I'm on my phone.

LisasHerd

Post   » Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:19 pm

Flea bites in my opinion. Could be bed bugs but I have never seen them before.
I LOVE the new boy!!!! Congratulations!

Mr Demus 625
Supporter in 2012

Post   » Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:41 pm

That's what I think too and OMG do they itch.

LandosMomma

Post   » Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:00 pm

It looks to me like an allergic reaction to flea bites or mosquito bites, not bed bugs.

CavyHeart

Post   » Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:01 pm

iPig's eye looks a lot like my Russet's right eye. He has a blocked tear duct. I did also have to treat an infection that set in with ointment and some oral antibiotics, but it continues to be somewhat oozy, especially with that same kind of trail underneath, plus some crust around the edges of the lids and at the front corner, particularly in the mornings. When Russet grooms himself, the grooming fluid builds up in his eye because it doesn't quite drain properly, so it's noticeable. It's only the one eye, so it's not some kind of systemic reaction to something. With the infection gone, his eye itself otherwise looks normal, like iPig's.

To keep Russet's eye from getting so gummy and being uncomfortable, I gently wipe it clean every morning and put Thera-Tears in at least twice a day. It has helped him a lot. Hope this helps iPig out a little!

Considering the location, size, and appearance of the bites on the person's leg, there, plus the itchiness and recent exposure to a cat, I'd vote that they're likely to be flea bites.

Mr Demus 625
Supporter in 2012

Post   » Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:17 pm

No fun but at least we have the advantage for everyone.

The tear stuff, where would I find that?

CavyHeart

Post   » Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:41 pm

Thera-Tears should be available at any pharmacy, even in grocery stores. I got my last bottle at the Albertson's around the corner. The main thing is to get just plain saline eye drops, without any kind of medication or steroid added.

The Thera-Tears bottle is small for the price, but since it only takes a drop or two each time, it lasts a long time.

Mr Demus 625
Supporter in 2012

Post   » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:18 pm

Awesome thank you. We've got everyone back home and I think he's overwhelmed by the fleece and his new cage.

Mr Demus 625
Supporter in 2012

Post   » Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:54 pm

Welp Mr. Spoiled has figured out how awesome Windespirit's cozysaks are...lol

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:31 am

He's adorable, the pink coloring really suits him. He's looking quite relaxed and contented there. So glad you got him.