Tallulah's Medical thread

KrazyKawaii

Post   » Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:55 pm

haha very true Talishan!

Baby 1 went from 89g -->78g--> 87g
Baby 2 went from 127g--> 113g-->116g

Tallulah is about 584g.

Everyone seems to be doing well, giving Tallulah time at night in the cage with just the babies and veggies seemed to work out really well she got to eat all the veggies she wanted.

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:36 am

All sounds normal and on the right track!

KrazyKawaii

Post   » Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:11 pm

Tallulah's Weight Chart:

The Babies Weight Chart:

Everything is looks good and going very well. 2 pretty little girls.
Baby 1 is now Tiva and Baby 2 is now Talli.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:51 pm

Tallulah's the mom? She did not have a dramatic weight drop when they were born?

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:41 pm

OMG OMG OMG!!! You named a pig after me!! OMG! :-) (Whether you meant to or not, :-p)

All charts look great. You are going to keep them (since they are girls), no?

Lynx -- Tallulah was just a baby herself. I suspect if the blanks in the chart were filled in (I will guess KK did not want to risk picking her up, which was very wise), it would look more normal.

How is Tallulah behaving?

KrazyKawaii

Post   » Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:55 pm

Yes, since they are all girls the babies will be staying. Tallulah was just a baby and did have a dramatic weight loss, it wasn't documented because, due to her size (very small) I stopped picking her up for weighing almost as soon as I realized she was pregnant, both for her safety and my own (she began biting)

She's acting very well, very active and she's a fantastic mother. She seems to have come into her own and is very much people oriented now. The babies are of course, adorable and are very active and full of personality.

There is approximately a 6 week or so gap in Tallulah's weight chart.

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:57 pm

Wonderful news. Carry on!

KrazyKawaii

Post   » Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:20 pm

I'm freaking paranoid that I did this wrong. I *think* they're girls, but I sooooo want them to be girls.

I took some photos and I hope y'all can help, but the babies are very, very, squirmy. They have girl names right now because I'm going away tomorrow and a pet sitter is coming in to care for them so I wanrted them to have names, and I *think,pray,hope* they're girls.

I'm so paranoid.

seraphanjil

Post   » Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:48 pm

Are you still in Philly? I'll be in Pennsauken tomorrow so I could try and meet you and check

SardonicSmile

Post   » Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:50 pm

I keep checking and checking too.

I can feel a definite ridge with Loki, who I therefore think to be male. If I gently feel right above the genitals there is this hard tiny bump that goes up his body.

My two girls look different to him, but also different to each other, but I cannot feel any ridge with them.
They also look different to your girls!

This sexing thing can drive a person mad!

KrazyKawaii

Post   » Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:55 pm

Seraphnjil, I'm at home for now, but we're leaving for Schwenksville tomorrow morning/afternoonish to go to the Folk Fest.

I feel nothing like a ridge on either of them, and they look the same to each other I think.

SardonicSmile

Post   » Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:04 pm

piggies are having playtime now so I will check them again when I put them back into their cage, but Loki defo feels different from the other two and if all males have this ridge, it is something you cannot really not feel unless, of course, when it is not there.

I never felt this ridge before, but I felt it on Loki, so there's pretty much no mistaking it when its there.