Monthly costs of guinea pig

Myndy

Post   » Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:27 pm

My pigs are on fleece.

I have 10 and this month. food, hay and veggies have cost me $140. I do have a bit of food and hay left but it will probably be gone this week.

Aggie

Post   » Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:20 am

As for getting the piggies, I recently got a boar from Piggles Rescue. Caroline is a wonderful lady. When I stepped into the rescue to meet Indy I was just in awe - never had seen so many piggies in one place before!

I'm not sure where Guinea Pigs R Us is located but Piggles is probably just a quick drive for you. I only had to drive just under an hour to get there.

ETA: I just checked the Piggles website and they're closed for some renovations at the moment. But do keep them in mind when you do decide to adopt! They might be open then.

Mash

Post   » Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:06 am

Hehe, how strange to see this thread pop up a year later! I have my pigs from late last year, and yes they were from Piggles (Caroline is indeed a wonderful lady)... but this is actually relevant again, as I'm hoping to add a third pig this September or so, and will almost certainly be getting her from Piggles :)

Also, I remember seeing Indy on the website! He was a cutie--congrats on your adoption :)