Show your cage IV

Amy0204
We miss our sweet Oreo

Post   » Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:46 am

GuineaPigGoddess - are those little shelves the ones sold for shoes? I was getting ready to give several to Goodwill since I reorganized my daughter's closet and didn't need them anymore. It never dawned on me to use them for the piggies. But I bet they would love them. I just have to figure out whether they'd be willing to sacrifice their pigloos for them since there won't be room for everything.

GuineaPigGoddess

Post   » Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:36 pm

Yes they are commonly known as shoe shelves, ours we bought as bathroom shelving though. :P They work great, I don't really like many things sold for pigs in average stores, these offer security but are still light enough and its very easy to capture pics.

Catie, yep! For the skinnier, inner squares, I used a wire cutter. That part was easy. For the thicker wire around, a saw and lots of effort got the job done.

CavyPrincesses

Post   » Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:31 pm

Anyone have new cage updates recently? :)

slavetofuzzy
4 the Good of all Pigs

Post   » Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:12 pm

Pennypigs, I think your cage is great! I have open fronts on my cages, probably 5 inches of coro, and they work great. No one jumps ship!

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:52 am

Great cages everyone. Pennypigs, that's a great cage your husband built. I like how he's done the legs, very creative and an excellent cage. The pixieglass makes it look very open as well.

Pennypigs
Supporter in '16

Post   » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:13 am

Thank you! I love how open the cage is with the plexiglass too! I've had no issues with jumping over :)I did switch all the bottles to one side, for their "kitchen area" and it works much better :)

Brainerror

Post   » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:34 am

wow Pennypigs, can your husband build one for us too? that's one awesome cage!

mckeymse

Post   » Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:22 am

WOW ya'll are so creative, now I feel guilty, my poor Sofie is being deprived, her cage is boring. She has a large cavy cage and loves to run around at night and make a mess, and chatters away at herself. I did put a small plush toy int here for her, and she just loves him .LOL

OK question? for those of you who have the plastic containers in your cages, loks like the "feeding are" do your piggies just jump in when they want to eat their nibblets, drink water and munch hay? Do you find it helps keep the cage cleaner?. Also what do you have in the bottom of the container, cat litter, care fresh etc? I love the idea, thinking my son might be minus a lego box, lol. I use a plastic container for her hay, and OMG does she eat her hay, geez I didn't know piggies ate so much. Also I noticed a lot of you don't use the care fresh any particular reason? Yep new mommy, she is now 7 months old and so much fun. Thanks again for any responses they are very appreciated.

mckeymse

Post   » Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:24 am

What are those very cute snuggies your piggies are hiding in and where do you get them? Sophie would love that.

eschimpf
SweetPea

Post   » Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:43 am

OK question? for those of you who have the plastic containers in your cages, loks like the "feeding are" do your piggies just jump in when they want to eat their nibblets, drink water and munch hay?

Yes, until recently my pigs always had "kitchen" areas. Its a great way to keep most hay off things.

Do you find it helps keep the cage cleaner?.

A little bit. Some pigs, like my Mojo, will just pull hay everywhere anyway.

Also what do you have in the bottom of the container, cat litter, care fresh etc?

Some people use Carefresh others yesterdays news or woodstove pellets.

What are those very cute snuggies your piggies are hiding in and where do you get them?

Do you mean the cuddle cups and cuddle sacks? if so there are a few people (including myself) that make and sell them. Jens Custom Crafts and Sewing for a cause are just two I can name off the top of my head. if you go here you can see all the people who do make and sell these and other items.

viewforum.php?f=17

GuineaPigGoddess

Post   » Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:38 pm

We moved! Finally bought a place of our own, which means cage changes.

At the old house, the pigs were in a finished attic which had a huge 25' wall. So my cages were generally long. In the new house, however, I had a more compact space to fit 16 pigs & two buns! Well... the buns are free range, but still! Here's how I used a smaller space, to make larger, spacious cages.

And here's the best overview:

The pigs are now in a cozy finished basement, doesn't offer much light, which is highly annoying seeing as I am a camera freak, but I like the new set up. Three pairs of boys live on the top 3 2x4s and on the bottom is my herd of 9 girls, and 1 neutered boy. :)

EDIT: I just realized the middle top cage has no hay. No worries, my naughty Dillie finds it hilarious to climb in there, kick all the hay out and sleep in it & I apologize for the low quality 6mp pics.

DMac
Supporter in '10, '11, & '12

Post   » Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:36 pm

Wow, nice!