Post   » Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:46 pm

I really like it! Great use of space :)

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:31 pm

You have a wonderful cage!

serelixyue

Post   » Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:16 pm

hey GPG. wow, your cage looks amazing, I really really love it! flats here in hong kong are just so teeny....:(

I just wanted to share something. when I planned out how to house my pigs, particularly how the boys and girls are separated, I always house the boys at the bottom, the girls on top. the reason being if the boys get really desperate, they can and might actually jump down. however, if they're on the lower level, there's no way they can "fly" up. lol. you know what I mean? but I know you're all set up, it's fine anyway. Just make sure no one flies down....because those boys...they can do anything for the gals.... :)

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:39 pm

GPG, very new set-up and I like how you've colour coordinated things for the boys and gals. Looks like they have lots of room to run zoomies and pop corn all over.

Quinc-Emma

Post   » Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:11 am

Wow! I love it.

lissie

Post   » Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:19 pm

Wow! All your cages always look so neat!

Catie Cavy
Supporter 2011-2020

Post   » Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:54 pm

Nice cages! You need to come over and help me redo mine. :)

mckeymse

Post   » Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:42 am

GuineaPigGoddess,

OMG awesome cages. Question for ya(new mom) on the bottom looking at pick it's to the left, is that area the "feed" area? is that where you keep the hay, pellets and veggies? your cages are so clean can i send my Sophie for a clean lesson? LOL I tried to movr her hay to one area with her food and water, OH MY did she thro a fit, next morning, literally hay was all over the bedroom, food knocked over and her brand new clean cage was torn to shreds, she dug out the top cover and it was hanging on the outside of the cage. Yes my diva doesn't like change I guess LOL anyway thought I woul share a laugh with ya'll

GuineaPigGoddess

Post   » Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:37 pm

Sounds like a diva!

Yep, I generally keep all hay, food and water in one area in all my cages. It tends to keep it clean. With the large cage on the bottom, the pigs stay neater because of the size. With the smaller 2x4 cages, I continually have the same problem. Hay tracked all throughout the cage! I'll just hand pick it up several times a day. The pigs got the point eventually, and stopped dragging it everywhere. I've noticed that they also rip out pieces from the rack that they simply refuse to eat, and leave them on the floor. It might just help to remove hay on the cage bottom, and replace it with fresh stuff. She might just be picky!

dreamswept

Post   » Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:27 pm

Zorro got a package in the mail yesterday -- his brand new cage blankets for his Tommy 120 from WindeSpirit. I'm excited because I've been having to use a fleece throw and towels and he's been making a mess with them. I much prefer one solid fleece blanket with terry on the bottom. I have puppy pads and another towel under that. Should keep things neater. Or at least easier to clean.

I know he could live in bigger more spacious accommodations, but this is all that circumstances can allow me. I've got the corner litter pan under the hay net to give him as much running space as possible. Tried taking the pigloo out once and replacing it with the rainbow tunnel, but he likes to sit on top of the pigloo and wouldn't really go near the tunnel (plays in it for floor time though)

I want to find him a mirror somewhere (probably a locker mirror or something) for "companionship" since he can't have a buddy. I don't have space for 2 boars.

PooksiedAnimals
Supporting my GL Habit

Post   » Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:10 am

I've attached the two cages together and replaced the store-bought bottom of Willow's cage with coroplast (which gained her another square foot).

Now they can see each other all the time, instead of having to peek over a 6" barrier.

farcticox

Post   » Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:33 pm

The new pig palace takes shape in the workshop

Teddy takes a look

Will be lined with coroplast when finished and have mesh in the openings. Area = 9sq feet