Pigjes Pigs Piggadise Part Poo ... erm ... Two!

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:03 am

Thanks!!

Let’s do the Monaco Grand Pig Race!!!

“I’m looking for my spare tire!” said Ayrton Pigga. “We don’t need those, we have pigstops, silly!”

“Why isn’t this car driving, Piggy Lauda??”
“Probably because your butt is against the steering wheel, Poomacher!”

“I’m pretty sure “reverse” was intended for the car, not us!”

“This is not a car race, it’s a snail race!! Haven’t you found your keys yet?” said Piggy Lauda.

“Copilot, if you get carsick, you will clean it up yourself!” said Pigel Mansell

“Only a photo-finish can tell us apart!”

These are scaled car bodies for radio controlled cars. They cost 6-7$ a piece and the shipment cost from HongKong was minimal. They cut easily, so a large door is added fast. So far no nibbling to eat the plastic.

MildredM
The-Fairy-in-my-Heart

Post   » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:05 pm

I want WANT cars! Humph! They are brilliant, pigjes!!!!!

Sidera17

Post   » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:51 pm

*lol* If my pigs went in those cars, I'd never get them out. Ever.

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:31 am

Thanks for the compliments!!

Car crash ... no injuries, but this is what happens when you drive around sleepy ...

Brainerror

Post   » Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:51 am

d'aaawwwwww <3

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:32 am

Thanks!

I had to stop using Chanca Piedra for the bladder issues in the W-twins, as despite that it's supposed to be great for intestinal gas, it did the opposite. It didn't cause bloat, but it was discomforting.

Plucky and Bubbly wanted to drink some daily too out of jealousy and curiosity perhaps, through the syringe. They loved it so much, all 4pigs were lined up to get some. I tried it too of course and it's just nice tea. After using it for a while, I started to wonder about the amount of farts I heard since a few days. I cut back on vegs drastically to look into it. Wednesday, I made a fresh supply of CP and all I heard the rest of the day was "pet-pet-petpetpet-poooot" in all 4 pigs. Ouch! I looked it up and indeed, CP can cause this opposite effect.

I already ordered Urologist and it arrived yesterday, so I will just replace CP with it. I still offer Cystease, but it turns out to be Glucosamine, which I use myself, so I won't need to buy that extra anymore. I also still offer cranberry daily too.

Brainerror

Post   » Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:24 am

We're *still* waiting for our order and this was 4 days ago. If it doesn't arrive today I'll be seriously annoyed. All our emails get ignored and they haven't even acknowledged our order :/

I'm itching to start Scruffles on it. She's suffered enough now..

Regiane
Cavy Slave Since '08

Post   » Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:38 am

Looove the cars!! :D

pigjes and BE, you both have experience with bladder issues... I have a friend with 2 pigs that have continuously sludge and had stones too. She's using KM pellets, just give them "safe" veggies on amount of calcium, but still have problems. :/
Can you give me some information about your pig's diet and medications (what is Urologist?) and how often they have to use the medications? I'm trying to help my friend but I have no experience with it.

Brainerror

Post   » Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:55 am

Regiane, here's a description of Eurologist: http://www.petherbs.co.uk/indescriptioneurologist1.html It's a combination of Chinese herbs that really seem to be effective.

I have tried everything from surgery, diet changes, very limited pellets, distilled water, cystease, polycitra, shilingtong, nettle tea etc.

Some believe it can be a genetic issue, but I have hope that Eurologist WILL work.

Increased fluids might help get rid of sludge and cystease/cystaid helps strengthen the bladder, repair the bladder wall and reduce inflammation. I'll def let everyone know how I get on with Eurologist.

Pigjes - they finally got back to us.. they dispatched yesterday *sigh*

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:00 am

I tried everything too, diet wise, tap water wise, meds wise, except Shilintong and Eurologist, also sold as Urologist. It's very popular here, so I thought I'd try that first, after the Chanca Piedra, which did work, by the way. But, the older the tea seems to get, the fartier, lol. Woozy wasn't bothered much, but the 3 others sure made a hootin' tootin' concerto!

I will keep you informed.

The tootin' has stopped and I haven't heard Whoopy so far. It takes 3 days to work at least, it said online, so let's hope she will be OK with it. Woozy seems fine with it too, but her problem is less. I'm convinced it's genetic: The W-twins have the same issue, seems statistically not so insignificant.

The cystease/cystaid (which is glucosamine), which I gave Whoopy, works too, but not perfectly, it's not enough. It works for me though. I take cranberry and glucosamine myself and haven't had a UTI in 2 years, which is awesome, as I had them so often, because of bladder muscle weakness because of MS.

BrainError: finally!!

Brainerror

Post   » Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:06 am

Pigjes - have you ever tried drinking nettle tea twice a day? I found that it worked wonders for me and my poorly bladder. Used to have almost chronic cystitis as a kid so my bladder is very scarred which makes holding any urine or expelling it painful, until I took nettle tea regularly. It might be a good addition to you bladder treatment.

cutemomomi
Obey My Authority

Post   » Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:11 pm

Well, let this be the public announcement of,.. Don't Snooze and Drive!

I know this sounds odd, but I am "blessed" with habitual kidney stones.
Benbenb brought to me see a Chinese medicine dr, and instead of giving me any bitter concoction (thank god), he asked me to drink corn silk tea.
And no stones yet... *knock on wood*
If doesn't have any strong taste, a subtle sweet aftertaste.
If you would like to try, send me your address and I will be happy to post some to you. :)