Pigjes Pigs Piggadise Part Poo ... erm ... Two!

Alyss11311

Post   » Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:52 am

Deleted.
Last edited by Alyss11311 on Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:57 am, edited 3 times in total.

akintolife

Post   » Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:53 am

I think I want to be your piggies, Pigjes! Or perhaps have you decorate my home - if your pigs cage is anything to go by I would end up with the most amazing looking home.

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:11 am

The bee pad is gorgeous - I agree, those pigs have more huts and toys than I have cushion covers (and let me tell you I love buying covers).

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:20 am

Thanks!

Despite that the pigs have all luxury, our house is very minimalistic. It's wheelchair accessible. It lacks a few fake grass patches, but the garden is only done recently. There are also 2 raised toilets, but no pics of those, lol, as that's not interesting. The house is the size of an apartment really. Click on the pic to start the slideshow:

Bugs Mom

Post   » Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:35 am

I can see where your house is set up perfectly for you guys. Everything looks convenient - that's great.

akintolife

Post   » Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:47 pm

I really like your house. All the cabinets!

Brainerror

Post   » Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:09 am

fake grass? why not get real turf? great for the piggies to much :) your house looks nice though, really efficient. My flat is a death trap for anyone with disabilities.

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:28 am

Thanks!

There are a couple of reasons for fake grass: it needs no maintenance, which is great for people with disabilities. No begging to get it cut. No garden shed needed to store a mower in. No costs to buy mowers. Always at a good height to plow through with a wheelchair. We can shamelessly plunk a car onto it. Our garden chairs / table / whatever doesn't ruin it either. Dog or cat pee doesn't ruin it. You can't set it on fire. It needs no fertilizers, no yearly ventilating, no water.

I have many drawers in my house, because I can't get out of a normal cabinet anymore, lol, without needing a hoist. Drawers are easy to access.

Besides that, I have a neighbor, whom we baptized Anal Weed Man. He's the kind of guy who goes out to kill weeds in a ski-suit on Xmas day in the frost. No joke. I wouldn't even dream of putting the pigs on a piece of lawn here, god knows what he did to it. Oh, yes, he sprays our land too, unasked for, unannounced.

Brainerror

Post   » Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:33 am

fair enough :)

skinnypigs1
Supporter in '12

Post   » Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:02 pm

Uh, I LOVE the bee hive!

onetwo

Post   » Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:17 pm

I love how monocromatic and how much storage there is. That place would make me feel relaxed. All the clutter and junk in my apt makes me feel so stressed. But I have a 3 year old and almost 6 year old sons so relaxing is out the window anyways. Hehe

Our apt is 700 square feet. How big is your home?

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:07 am

Thanks!

I had to recalculate and I hope it's correct. It's 1012 sqf (94 m2), which is the average size of many apartments here. Also, we have a large attic, which could be converted to 2 rooms and a bathroom extra. Not something I would ever do, we don't need it. The turning circles for wheelchairs in each room take up a lot of space though.

I am very organized. With memory issues, that's a blessing really. Also, all the personal mess I had in my life needs some calm atmosphere, so being organized seems to keep me sane, lol.

Personally, I would have gone for pale colors, like ivory, beige, vanilla, eggshell. But, the house needed to be at it's best for resale value, so those colors are not in fashion by young people here. Therefore the choices were between dark brown, black and grey. Grey, we could live with that one. It is still clear enough as a color. I hate depressing dark colors. I have to look upon them 24/7 almost, so I need to feel cheerful in a house.