Boar is bitting the edge of his Perineal Sac

Little Pig

Post   » Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:04 pm

double post

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:55 pm

Thanks. I added your photos. When you can add the rest of the info, I write up a quick reference thread.

Sidera17

Post   » Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:22 pm

Poor Pig. But he does look adorable with the collar on.

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:08 am

That's a good design. I'm very glad to see it be successful. This will be an excellent reference.

Re: mineral oil -- perhaps "dissolve" is too strong a word and I should have chosen better. Soften, or degrade, might have been better.

I will say that before I started spending much time on GL, a long time ago, we would use mineral oil in a thin coating on the perianal sacs of males post-cleanout if impacted. Over time the mineral oil seemed to become goopy and the delicate tissues of the sac seemed to become sticky, almost friable. This takes a long time. I would still use it occasionally or for the short term, just not as a regular application.

We quit using it when we stopped to think about what it does to adhesives. Think about what it does if you use it to remove a sticker or tag you're trying to get off a bottle or jar or something. It seemed to be doing something comparable to the sac tissues.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:56 am

Ah, got it. I've never really been a big fan of mineral oil, anyway, but guess I didn't realize it had a corrosive effect over time. Makes sense, though.

Yikes.