As Told By Maggie - The Story of a Crazy Mommy

maggiemae

Post   » Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:38 pm

Thanks!

I would be happy to submit my picture as a possible calendar photo. I just have to figure out how. I will look, I remember seeing something about that once.

I'm glad you think the beds are cute, I made them for them! :)

I still have to take some Christmas photos. I was going to do Christmas cards but I don't really want to anymore. It just doesn't sound like as much fun to do them alone. But I think I am still going to take some pictures so keep an eye out. I can't wait to try and take a group photo with all three of them. Two was hard enough!

Brainerror

Post   » Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:48 pm

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:54 am

Cool! You can email it here:

Include your board name, the name and sex of your guinea pig and anything else you care to add about him (her?).

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:51 am

Oh, how did I miss several updates here? I love your pics!! The Pig-Turkey made me laugh so hard!

maggiemae

Post   » Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:41 pm

Maggie caught the chirping bug a couple nights ago...

maggiemae

Post   » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:46 pm

Mommy has been kind of a mess lately. Here is a recap on the last month.

Mommy found out her aunt was admitted to the hospital late November. They found out she had lung cancer and weren’t sure she was going to make it. That weekend Mommy and Daddy split up. It wasn’t Mommy’s idea but it is what it is. You can’t make someone love you no matter how much you love them. Mommy misses Daddy and the piggies a lot but every day that passes understanding follows.

Mommy went to see her Aunt twice. She knew when she got home from the last visit it was the last time she would ever see her. She held Sophie hostage that night (because us other piggies pee and bite if she doesn’t obey our authority). By the next morning there was a phone call. Her aunt passed away about an hour after she left.

We all will miss Mommy’s Aunt.
RIP Auntie Susie

She took off work for the funeral, and believe it or not, Mommy was a pallbearer. Her worst fear did not happen (silly Mommy watches too many comedy movies) and they didn’t drop her aunt. Come to find out, Grandma was afraid of falling in the grave site hole. Humans are so silly sometimes..

Oddly enough, through all of this, Mommy’s stories about her crazy guinea pig obsession were the best ice breakers and room brighteners. Her uncle apparently had shown all of the visiting guests her piggy calendar that featured us and all of our scenes and costumes. Everyone thought it was really neat. Mommy was kind of embarrassed.

Sometimes is feels like we define Mommy. Without us Mommy would be lost, but at the same time, with everything that has happened, sometimes piggy stuff makes Mommy sad. One day she feels like she is driven to continue her shop, spoil us and that she needs to draw closer to her love. Other days it is just a painful reminder that she built this love and passion for everything because of the encouragement of Daddy. She took the leap to follow a dream of hers and let go of that fear of being “weird” for being so passionate, and now Daddy isn’t there to share it.

Mommy convinced herself she was shutting down her shop, was abandoning all things guinea pig and just take care of us for as long as we all loved each other.

Then the Christmas presents she ordered a while back FINALLY came in today.

We are SPOILED. Opening that box and seeing the things she had so lovingly ordered for us made her realize how much she really does love us, and everything piggy.

Mommy may need some time. But hopefully she comes back to following her dream and sharing it with others. Otherwise Maggie is going to be SUPER upset because we all know she is an attention hogger!

On a side note, to get Mommy’s mind of things, we snuck into the closet, pulled out some lights and decorated her apartment for Christmas! Mommy says these will have to do for now because she doesn’t officially have any piggy photo shoots scheduled for Christmas..

Santa even showed up to help!
Hi Santa!
::sigh:: Santa is such a nice guy… But when it was all over and done with, we had to scurry inside.. Piggies + Reindeer and Sleigh = an accident WAITING to happen.

Bugs Mom

Post   » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:15 pm

I'm sorry for all the heartbreak Mommy is having right now. Sometimes life deals us a bad hand and all we can do is cope.

I do love your decorations though and am so glad you were smart enough to stay away from the reindeer!

cutemomomi
Obey My Authority

Post   » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:18 pm

Look at the loot, my guys would be so jealous,...
I love your holiday set up. :)

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:19 pm

Wow, it seems like such alot has been happening and it's good that she's got you girls to keep her company and grounded. Tell her to hang in there and deepest condolences on the loss of her aunt.

C Cole-Chakotay

Post   » Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:31 am

I'm sorry to hear about your aunt. Our piggies are certainly little day-brighteners.

Sidera17

Post   » Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:18 pm

I'm sorry for all the losses. It is a terrible time of year. Thank goodness the piggies are looking out for you.

C Cole-Chakotay

Post   » Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:31 pm

I agree, it seems like this time of year I hear of so many bad things happening to people - illnesses and such.

I'm glad you have your little ones to cheer you up.