As Told By Maggie - The Story of a Crazy Mommy

maggiemae

Post   » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:57 pm

RIP Lucy

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

The sweetest old lady..
The greatest eater..
The least happy to know her own weight..
The MOST accomplished cage biter..
The explorer..
The best friend..
We will miss you Lucy.
Please know your Mommy and Daddy love you very very much.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:39 pm

I am so sorry you lost her, maggiemae.

C Cole-Chakotay

Post   » Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:17 am

I'm sorry to hear about Lucy's passing.

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:35 am

I'm so sorry for all your losses. Sometimes only a big hug helps, as it's one of understanding.

Sidera17

Post   » Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:24 am

Oh my gosh, my heart is breaking for you with all these losses. I don't know how you do it. I'm so sorry.

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:49 am

So sorry to hear that the beautiful Lucy is at the rainbow brigde.

Bugs Mom

Post   » Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:42 am

Rest well beautiful Lucy. Know you were loved and will be missed.

MildredM
The-Fairy-in-my-Heart

Post   » Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:17 pm

I am so sorry . . . . I really am x

maggiemae

Post   » Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:11 pm

Mommy got off her butt today and did something she didn't think she would this year...........

Christmas torture photos!!!!!

She is running off to finish up some Christmas shopping (she has to be tortured too right?!?!?) but when she gets back she just might post a little snippet of all the "fun".

She also wants to say thank you to everyone for all the kind words. They meant a lot to her.

maggiemae

Post   » Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:28 pm

Do you smell that?....

It... It smells like pictures!

So Mommy broke down and took some Christmas photos. It was a painful (literally) event, but Mommy managed to get a few pictures in...

However, before we show off all of the goodies, we need to explain why the selection is so limited this year...

For some reason, some of us piggies were crabby patties today. Mommy had to put us in time out after it was all over and done with. As a result Maggie doesn't get a Christmas card picture this year. In fact, Maggie sat in a corner for about half of an hour throwing herself a pitty party while Mommy ordered pictures on her computer.

And while Mommy vacuumed the floor and changed out of her PJ's.
Piggies shed more than Mommy's old yorkie when they are stressed out!

Mommy has never seen anything like it before. I (Sophie) was a little angel for the photographs (although I was also VERY confused). I never had a photo shoot like this before.

I did a little of this..

And a little of that..

The camera just LOVED me!

Then Mommy decided to clip my nails. HOW DARE SHE! Indra said I cried like a little baby. Mommy got angry because I wouldn't stop trying to gnaw her finger off. I am not used to having my little toes touched!!

Then it was Indra's turn....... Mommy got a couple pictures of Indra... When she didn't run away.

Mommy spent most of her time chasing Indra around her apartment and finally gave up... But needless to say...

Indra Clause is coming to town!
And she knows when we've been naughty or nice....

Which, after today, probably means we wont be getting those pressies for Christmas.. :X

Finally, it was time for Maggie.... I saved the best for last if you couldn't already tell.

Since Maggie is usually pretty good about nail clipping, Mommy decided to clip her nails first. Mommy is so dumb...

Out goes Maggie, who, by the way, I have never seen run away from Mommy hands so fast in her life! When Maggie saw the nail clippers she started to rumble at Mommy. Mommy picked her up and the screaming began. Mommy was almost embarrassed. People in her building probably thought she was sticking piggy toes in boiling water with how Maggie screamed and shrieked.

Mommy tried and tried and tried. When Maggie's mouth started trying to find her fingers a new strategy was employed. Mommy grabbed Maggie and layed her in her lap. Maggies little paws were-a-flying and her body was-a-twisting. She was so spazzy Mommy didn't feel safe even trying anymore, so Mommy let go so Maggie could get comfortable.

Maggie layed on her side, perfectly quiet, eyes bulging, tummy panting for air for a long long time. Could it be, was her temper tantrum over? Mommy picked her up and held her. Mommy pet her. Maggie was fine. Mommy finished nails and Maggie sat there, calm and collected.

Mommy's piggies are crazy.

However, when it came time for photographs, Maggie refused to do anything. She just sat there, giving Mommy the evil eye.
Not even a nummie would make her move.

Mommy left her there for half an hour. She didn't move and inch. She just glared at Mommy... This is not the first time Maggie has thrown an amazingly dramatic fit like this. Mommy doesn't really know why she does it. There is nothing wrong with her, other than she needs a huge attitude adjustment.

Anyway, we saved the bestest for last.

The cutest thing about having an almost (if not totally) blind piggy? They "sing" a lot.

worldangel

Post   » Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:32 pm

How adorable! :D

Sidera17

Post   » Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:52 pm

So cute! Maggie is quite the diva!