Big Burr and the many Rebel Days

akintolife

Post   » Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:20 pm

Those photos are stunning!

JadeMagpie

Post   » Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:52 pm

Thank you! Should I make these a bit smaller next time? Are they loading slowly for everyone? And thanks Sere for the compliment. I have really fallen back in love with painting, and am hoping to do some for friends and family soon of their pets. I just LOVE painting guinea pigs though!

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:54 pm

Burr sounds like his personality is really coming out. Both boys look great.

JadeMagpie

Post   » Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:15 pm

We recently added a new member to our tribe. We've done one small neutral couch introduction to see what kind of big time formal introduction we should plan for. Seems we have Burr, who is MOST definitely TOP PIG and has no interest in being anything but ---

and our new guy Tumbleweed who either has never seen a guinea pig or also fancies himself a top pig, although a much more hyper, pushy, sassy pig. Dandelion just buries his head under a blanket and hopes nobody sees him.

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:22 pm

Can't wait for pics!

JadeMagpie

Post   » Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:02 pm

"PSST. You guys.... We have a serious problem."

"An invader! Dandelion..." *dramatic swoon* "... hide!"

"What? Don't hide! Get help! Help! Hellllllp!"

"Huhwhut? Guys, when do I get to sniff your butts again? Cos I really wanna. Been thinkin' about it all month."

"Even got a haircut and did my hair up nice. Now can I sniff butts?"

"Guys?"

Meet TUMBLEWEED. Rescued in early December from the local shelter. Quarantined for a couple months. First couple introductions did not go well, as all three of these piggies are 10 months old. HAhahahaha! Oh man. They're living in a big 3x6 C&C which is presently divided in half.

Dandelion secretly enjoys sleeping beside Tumbleweed at the bars, but don't tell Burr!

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:50 pm

Tumbleweed is adorable and such an appropriate name for the little guy. He looks like he's an explorer.

Bugs Mom

Post   » Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:57 pm

You take some great pictures!

JadeMagpie

Post   » Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:15 am

Aw, thanks! I may take some OK pictures, but that haircut... oh myyyyy! Poor tumbleweed. His fur was so long until I came through with a scissors.

He is an explorer, AND he's a talker. He clucks and complains and talks constantly. He is never quiet. And he's still getting used to things. If he does the "I'm scared!" wheek, his little ears flop up and down (making all the fur around his ears flop too, eeee!)

AldenM1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:33 am

Burr looks like Ouiser, and Tumbleweed looks a lot like Albert! I don't have anyone as lovely and sunny as Dandelion though.

JadeMagpie

Post   » Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:46 pm

Dandelion has a personality that sounds a lot like Cookie. He's really shy, but once you get him wrapped up somewhere warm he'll cashew out or pancake and just sleep. He's also very fond of any kind of food.

I am copying your piggies Alden! Hehehehe

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:37 am

Oh, such adorable pics!!!