Crystal formation in the urine.

Fred_and_co

Post   » Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:17 pm

Just a little update from Patrick.

I'm currently enjoying a 'pain squeak' free life, the slave doesn't even annoy me anymore. We have a very good routine which I get syringed 20 - 40 mls Barley water per day couldn't ask for anything better, my pain killers (tramadol) 0.2mls (twice daily) and cystease although neither me or the slave believe this does anything.

I am now nearing the 900 gram mark at a lean 883 grams the heaviest I've been in a long while.

Now you might have provided my slave support but you still can't have my tomato. Touch it and bad things will happen!

Merry Christmas everyone!

Thanks again for the ongoing support, I hope me and Patrick's experience maybe helpful to someone else in the future. We will of course keep you updated on any developments in future with his condition!

C Cole-Chakotay

Post   » Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:07 pm

Merry Christmas, Patrick, from me and the girls.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:08 pm

Oh my word, he's so cute!!!!!! :)

Bugs Mom

Post   » Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:54 pm

He's adorable! Merry Christmas Patrick!!

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:25 am

Glad to hear that Patrick is doing well. Merry Christmas to you and the rest of your herd.

Fred_and_co

Post   » Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:19 pm

Patrick had an awful night, I was up all night listening to him cry I even topped him up with metacam as well as his Tramadol but he was still crying. He is staying overnight at the vets so the vet can get a urine catch to send to the laboratory to check for infection, I brought his apt forward to get him seen today his urine is full of protein so we can assume he may have an infection which is the reason for the culture and previous notes show that when we did a urine sample with the other vet although it was sterile the sample before had initially shown an infection. We believe the infection could possibly be Baytril and Septrin resistant (from my understanding). The urine sample that was used previous may have been given a false negative, of course we will not know until we get the results back.

Patrick has also shown a couple of stones on Xray (1-2mm) in size, so perhaps pain monitoring isn't for him just goes to show you can't let your guard down when it comes to the urinary system. However it does look positive as his previous diagnosis of interstitial cystitis maybe incorrect.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:50 pm

I am so sorry. It is rotten to hear a guinea pig cry and not be able to help. Hoping some medication will help.

Fred_and_co

Post   » Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:01 pm

It was rotten but I was amazed with how well I coped, I got up checked his pellet output and urinating then decided to give him more pain relief, now for me to do anything was a break though LOL.

He's at the vets tonight and I am missing him even if it is his crying I'm glad I took him to a different vet and got another opinion I feel much more optimistic and well Patrick continues to act like a normal guinea pig I will continue trying to help him.

C Cole-Chakotay

Post   » Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:17 pm

I hope Patrick gets well soon. I'm sorry he's feeling so badly.

Fred_and_co

Post   » Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:19 pm

He was better when I left him, he is being probably cared for I will pick him up in a matter of hours.

MildredM
The-Fairy-in-my-Heart

Post   » Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:08 pm

Oh no, Patrick, we are really sorry to hear you are at the vet . . . I hope you feel better soon. Sending all our good wishes xxx

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:03 am

Thinking of him and of you. Keep us posted.