20 guinea pigs Danbury, CT

Critter Connecti
Supporter in '12

Post   » Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:57 am

If you figure out a way to convince the girls to eat veggies please let me know. I can not get any of the ones that are still at my house to eat anything but hay and pellets. All of them are next to other pigs with hopes that they will learn. I even chop up the veggies into smaller pieces, put them in a bowl right next to their pellet bowls. No luck. I have a single neutered male that inhales his veggies, thinking about putting him in with the girls so he can teach them.

Sidera17

Post   » Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:43 pm

I had no luck with the veggies either. I did convince them to eat Nibble rings, but that is it.

I'm thinking they need to be sitting with another female pig who eats them, and then see her do it and mimic. But they are so scared they need to calm down first.

Also, Mumbo is now at my house until Saturday. He is enormous. But a big 'fraidy-pig. And he does eat like a horse!

GuineaPinny

Post   » Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:46 pm

The second one--swoon!

seraphanjil

Post   » Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:36 pm

I just wanted to let everyone know that the girls were adopted and thriving. They are not quite eating veggies yet but are now showing interest in them. The family that adopted are so wonderful. Its a 12 year old girl and her parents who just have the most paitence in the world. They really did their reserarch on piggies and are spoiling the girls rotten.

The girls names are Belle and Noel. They have a 2x4 c &c with a loft and they love love running to their loft to get their hay. They have also made best friends with the family dog. Who would have thought that such scardey pigs would love a dog!

I'm gonna send some pics to Shanachie to post for me :)

shanachie05

Post   » Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:50 pm

Seraphanjil asked me to post some pics... Here they are!!

seraphanjil

Post   » Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:52 pm

:) Thanks so much!! I can't get over how pretty they are

Sidera17

Post   » Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:05 pm

I can't believe they're not afraid of the dog! The poor things wouldn't come out of the cozy sack for two days when they were at my house. x.x

Hooray for the new home! Also, that pic with the water bottle pretty much sums up the girls' obsession. Hehe.

Maisiesmom
Supporter in '11

Post   » Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:50 pm

Yep, they'll be changing the fleece in that loft pretty often! The girls certainly tamed down. They obviously aren't afraid of being out of the cuddle cup.

seraphanjil

Post   » Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:55 pm

Lol I'll have to give her some of the tips I ha to use for Charlie. He was the worst bottle drainer ever!